1972 Elan +2/s restoration Avaliable

PostPost by: PWTrusty » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:53 pm

Hello,
My 1972 +2 project is about complete and time to make room for the next. I hold the second title to this barn-find which has less than 31k miles. A frame on restoration by professionals taking over 3 years and $45K dollars. Located in Franklin, Tn. A trophy winner when ever entered and a great driver.
May I encourage you to contact me direct at [email protected] for the exhaustive schedule that went into this restoration. I have pictures of the entire process on Picasa or by request. There are complete receipts (lots of these), names and phone nubers of the professionals invoved. The provenance includes the original bill of sale, dealer service log, picture of the first owner, a complete paper history of this great car. The original owners mother is the source of much of the early story and still lives in a Huntsville, Al.
Professionally built engine with less than 1000 miles on it since installation. I have the orginal, numbers matching ZS engine which was running when removed. It had a crank seal fail and it seemed better to install a new engine rather than to patch up a 33 year old one. Completely rebuilt brakes and fuel system. new factory correct paint colors ( Sliver over dark blue). Virtually everything under the hood was replaced, and upgraded with the usual and practical improvements. The Weber headed replacement engine is strong and sweet sounding. The four speed with new clutch is faultless. All suspension components were removed inspected with all rubber bits replaced. The interior was entirely removed, old insulation replaced with modern and all of the pristine uphosltery reinstalled. Not a crack, or tear. The floor carpet was replaced but the door panels are original and very nice. Wood panels have some finish cracking but all laminate is still tight and attractive. Glass and chrome are excellent, no rust, all the original bits are there. Front and rear windshield have the gasket and (front) trim replaced. Offered to other Lotus enthusists $30,000. Will assist in shipping. It is a beautiful car and a fascinating story, serious inquires , please.
Phil
[email protected]
PWTrusty
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: cal44 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:15 pm

trusty, throw us a bone with a few snaps...............

Mike
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "Mad Dog" James Mattis United States Marines
cal44
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: PWTrusty » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:01 pm

Here are a few pictures, send me your email address to [email protected] if you want more pictures.
Attachments
DSCF1124.JPG and
DSCF1125.JPG and
DSCF1111.JPG and
DSCF1115.JPG and
PWTrusty
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: