lotus plus 2 convertible

PostPost by: burchmonster » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:47 pm

hi all ,
i have a red plus 2 convertible for sale , i am new to these so wonder whether IF its bet to put it on ebay or this forum.
from my readings i believe its a christopher neil converted car on an 1972 l reg. i have just mot'd it and taxed it for a year . it broke down on the way home due to a fuel pump blockage which has been fixed with the tank out and a pipes cleaned . i also fitted a stainless filter in the tank to stop it happening in future. Its a 130/5 on the logbook though it only has a 4 speed box. it has had most things replaced before it was garaged and i have done brake cylinders and minor stuff for mot. interior is complete and good cept for a few bits of glueing trims (oatmeal in colour). body is very fair though not perfect but certainly usable till needing restoration . engine starts easily ,ticks over well and pulls well, gearbox changes easily and no real problems with the drive at all(though seems fairly noisy through the drivetrain) hasnt had a diff or gearbox oil change yet which will probably help. that aside looking at it its an honest car . Wonder what its worth in your honest opinions and whether there is any interest here. happy to let any one look around it. . there is also a massive pile of old bills for almost everything and mots etc. Log book just sent off for change of owner after taxing (foc im glad to say) so will need to await its return
Reason for sale is that im not in love with it , thought i would be , but im not, probably spoiled by modern motors tbh.
my caterham also does everything that it can better in my eyes , so its going.
all advice/ offers gratefully received
kind regards ROB
burchmonster
New-tral

PostPost by: Pete74 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:56 am

Very nice... but ebay would be a good shout
Pete74
New-tral

Total Online: