***SOLD*** 1966 RHD Elan S2 in NoCal

PostPost by: summerinmaine » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:03 pm

*** SOLD ***

Sadly, unexpected expenses are forcing me to sell my beloved car. It will be listed on eBay tonight, as I have precious little time to arrange a sale privately. Someone will get a great car.

I'll post a link once the listing is up.

Edit: Sorry, it's a 1966. I sold the 1965 already.
Last edited by summerinmaine on Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jim

Temporarily Elan-less
summerinmaine
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: summerinmaine » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:33 pm

BTW here's an advance look at the description I'm preparing for the listing:

If you're looking for a restored-to-factory specs car, this isn't it, but if you want the Elan that ACBC would have built if cost weren't a major consideration, then look no further. This was to be a street machine, but would also be great for auto-X or gymkhana use.

1966 Lotus Elan S2 RHD 44K miles on the odometer, but unknown actual miles. Engine re-built by AVO prior to my acquisition, with performance cams, re-jetted Weber carbs, aluminum flywheel, recently installed pre-engaged starter (so much better than the Lucas original). Lumenition optical trigger electronic ignition. Also has new clutch disc, low pressure electric fuel pump, freshly cleaned fuel tank, freshly cleaned carbs, almost unused (but aged) Pirelli 3000 tires, and K&N filter. Has k/o steel wheels that look very fresh, and a virtually new wood dash (but with the pesky burn mark under the dash lamp). Simpson lap/shoulder harness mounted to roll bar. Momo Monte Carlo steering wheel.

Car is built on the following SpyderSport components: tubular spaceframe, with front A-arms and rear suspension conversion, Spax dampers, CV joint rear axle conversion, F/R anti-sway bars, frame-mounted roll bar and anti-intrusion side bars.

Things that remain to be done: Finish syncing carbs, connect speedometer (may want to replace cable), fit the new bonnet, dial-in F/R suspension settings, install fresh battery, complete check-over and shake-down then paint to your preference. I had also planned to re-build the brake MC and replace the Lucas coil with a Bosch Blue. Obviously this is not a box-of-parts project, but a nearly complete, driveable as-is rebuilt Elan.

Link to YouTube clip of first drive after engine re-installed: http://youtu.be/x7tjotABuOc

Link to gallery of pictures: http://summerinmaine.smugmug.com/Cars/1 ... 7774_utBJE

Title is in my name and clear. However, original title document is in storage in SoCal, and I will not be down there to access it until March 2012, so vehicle will be sold on a CA DMV Bill of Sale and Form DMV227 Application for Replacement/Transfer of Title. Alternatively to the DMV227, I will apply for a replacement title and sign it over once I've received it.
Jim

Temporarily Elan-less
summerinmaine
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: summerinmaine » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:04 am

It's eBay Item No. 300625869418.
Jim

Temporarily Elan-less
summerinmaine
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: cal44 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:54 pm

"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "Mad Dog" James Mattis United States Marines
cal44
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Tahoe » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:01 pm

That was my first Elan and I was going to try and buy it back, but in the end common sense took over and I knew that if I bought it I'd never finish either car.
Tahoe
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: bilcoh » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:38 pm

Buying back your first car would have been awesome, but as someone trying to finish his first car that he still owns, I'm happy for your clearheadedness.

Jim, it's obvious how painful this decision was for you. Sorry for the circumstances that led to it. Just wondering if we can keep an eye on the new owner for you. Is it someone that might spend time on this forum? Let us know if/when you can, and best to you.

Dave
Dave
'66 Elan S2 - 26/4378
bilcoh
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: