66 pre-airflow FHC for sale

PostPost by: 66elans3fhc » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:13 pm

Elan S3 FHC 1966, pre-airflow, converted to negative ground, LHD. Excellent mechanical condition. New motor built up from a naked, trued 711 tall block. Slight overbore to 83.31 mm, 1700 cc (1692+). New JE pistons. Re-machined conrods. Twincam crankshaft balanced and lightened, journals have not been turned down. New bearings and caps. Everything weighed and balanced. Polished head and intake runners. Carefully installed water pump. New long chain. Electric fuel pump. Newly fabricated engine mounts?the tall block engine does not touch the hood. New cam sprockets, cam cover machined so sprockets do not touch it. Twin DCOE 40 151 Webers. 2050 miles on engine, still being broken in with Castrol HD30, filled four times from new. 4/2/1 header. Custom stainless steel exhaust with great clearance at the rear. A very high revving engine that comes alive at the top end. Newly rebuilt 2.51 close ratio transmission with same mileage as engine. Chassis and suspension in perfect shape, no rust, differential brace. Car tracks true and straight. New RD Enterprises CV rear axle kit installed with engine rebuild, same mileage. Radiator with twin fans installed. Fans go on and off with ignition switch. Billet crank pulley. New NipponDenso alternator. New Pertronix Ignitor and Lucas Sport Coil. New clear Pilkington triplex windshield and new windshield rubber expertly installed. Rear glass perfect as are the side windows. New door seals, new trunk seal, new door glass run channel liners and door glass brush strips just installed. All instruments work (with two easily fixable exceptions) and are original Smiths gauges modified so that they are brightly lit at night. Not easy to have found a Smiths FG2530/71 fuel gauge; it?s compatible with the new correct in-tank fuel sender. Tank removed from car, cleaned inside and out before fuel sender installed. All lights work. Horn works. Cigarette lighter works. Wiring redone with blade connectors; a beautiful job. Body is solid and in good condition. Paint is decent. Interior has been redone but not top-notch; original sun-visors and headliner. Interior and paint are the weakest aspects of the car. Four 5? Panasport knock-off wheels in excellent condition and five original 4.5? Lotus wheels. Five new Cooper Trendsetter SE tires, four with same mileage as new engine, one with no mileage. Including stock muffler, genuine Elan service manual, DB parts manual and Sarto knockoff spinner tool. Pioneer DEH-P2000 am/fm radio, single CD player with removable head unit. Four JBL speakers, one in each footwell and one behind each seat. $24,000 OBO. Email [email protected] with contact information. Will send photos after an email exchange or phone call.
Last edited by 66elans3fhc on Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
66elans3fhc
New-tral

PostPost by: cal44 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:06 pm

right or left hand drive....or did I overlook? Don't be so secretive, let's have a few snaps............

Thanks,
Mike
Last edited by cal44 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "Mad Dog" James Mattis United States Marines
cal44
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: 66elans3fhc » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:54 am

To view many photos of the 66 S3 FHC LHD go to Flickr. Use [email protected] for the ID and sellingmylotus for the password. It took awhile to organize them.

I have been compulsively reading posts on LotusElan.net for at least nine years, probably more. I've posted a handful of times and can't find my old login. As to secretiveness, I do value my privacy.
This is a wonderful, amazing place. Thanks to all.
66elans3fhc
New-tral

PostPost by: 66elans3fhc » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:31 pm

Very sorry for my idiocy. The Password is NOT sellingmylotus it IS sellingmyelan.
66elans3fhc
New-tral

PostPost by: cal44 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:15 pm

Has anyone else been able to access the Flicker account or am I the only one without the proper skill level? Mr. Seller is trying to help me but I tend to be a little thick at times.

Mike
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "Mad Dog" James Mattis United States Marines
cal44
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: 66elans3fhc » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:30 pm

Mike,
First of all, the correct Password is sellingmyelan, NOT sellingmylotus. Very sorry for this mistake.

Go to Google
Click Search on the black bar at the top of the page
Enter Flickr.com in the box adjacent to Google, Click
Click on Welcome to Flickr
Click on Sign In at the top of the page
ID is [email protected]
Password is sellingmyelan
Click on Sign In
Click on Organize & Create at the top of the page
New window, Click Sets & Collections

This works for me.
Saul
66elans3fhc
New-tral

PostPost by: pharriso » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:55 pm

the account is locked because there were too many failed log in attempts!!
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:39 am

I managed to get through earlier and found the many pics you have but I don't see one of the car in its entirety, ie, a picture of the car. Do you have any of those?
Thanks,
Greg Z

p.s. ah! never mind. found them elsewhere in your album. Thanks!
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Henry VIIII » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:14 am

Looks like your pictures were too popular:

You have exceeded the maximum number of Sign In tries for the Yahoo! ID lotuselans3fhc. As a result, the account has been temporarily locked for your security.

You can wait 12 hours before trying to sign in again. If you have forgotten your password, you can request a new one by confirming your account information. Once you have received a new password you will be able to sign in again after 12 hours.
Henry
1967 S3 FHC
A joke a day helps you work, rest, and play. :lol:
Henry VIIII
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:08 am

I just got in...
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pvelan » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:32 pm

I just bought it :D , and now will sell the S4 I bought recently :? !
pvelan
New-tral

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:47 pm

Congratulations. keep us updated

Greg Z
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: