'67 S3 coupe project - NJ USA

PostPost by: 512BB » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:14 am

Folk do not look in the CARS FOR SALE section of this site, for pictures of before and after peoples restorations have turned out, or to learn about how to restore old Lotus cars. They will look in the relevant sections, and to suggest other wise is a nonsense, but some people will, and do argue, that black is white on here, to try to justify their faux pas, and I suspect that I am banging my head against the proverbial brick wall on this one.

Secondly, Ted does not need any further publicity re selling his car, by way of people posting pictures of THEIR car against his ad. There are few cars for sale as it is, in the CARS FOR SALE section, and his ad will stay at or close to the top of the list for some time, and anyone genuinely looking to buy a car, will certainly look in on that forum.

All in my opinion.

Leslie
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elan66 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:13 pm

Leslie
bang it as hard as you like :lol:
elan66
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: lotus looker » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:22 pm

I for "1" can feel metaphorically Leslie's pain from banging his head against the proverbial wall, & as a showing & heartfelt gesture & of My Goodwill & Growing concern for Leslie's now melon esq sized frontal cranium ridge ( from the proverbial head banging against the aforementioned brick wall)...I think as the "collective group" that has so offended Leslie with gross disregard & malice for the tenants of the "Lotuses for Sale Guidelines" which are etched in stone as deeply & feverently as the tablet holding the Ten Commandments ...we should as the "Offending Group", each contribute a 1 dollar USD of 1 Quid for those on the "other side of the pond"...to which those contributions...buy and send to Leslie the following...

"1" box of head injury sized bandaids.
"1" Large bottle of aspirins.
"1" Cold compress.
"1" Pair of pliers....For removal of the stick up his ARSE!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: ...Mark
lotus looker
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: 512BB » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:27 am

' There aren't too many fools on this forum'

But there certainly are a few !

Happy Easter to all.

Leslie
512BB
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: tedtaylor » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:51 am

ENGINE OPTION: I have contact w/ a friend selling an engine for $8,000 that would be perfect for this car. Details are as follows: Engine was fully rebuilt in 1984 as a big valve with sprint cam shafts, cylinders bored +0.020, new valves, springs, seats, guides, pistons, rings, crankshaft mains -0.010, big ends -0.010, HD connecting rods and bolts, balanced crank and rods. Webers are 40 DCOE, re-jetted for engine build. Electronic distributor, removable cartridge water pump. New headers ceramic coated white. The weber head has welds around all the intake throats, as I understand it this is typically done for track engines as the ears of this area are fragile. (Engine was never tracked). Comes with generator, fan and early airbox. The engine runs fine, pulls strong, but could use either valve guides or rings as it smokes a bit.

i will share contact info with the buyer of my car.
thanks!
TED
"Driving a Lotus is a triumph of bravery over intelligence." Stirling Moss
"TaylorMadeClassicCars" on WWW and Facebook
tedtaylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:59 pm

pm sent
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: S3FHC » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:03 pm

any update on this car, has it been sold?

Mark
S3FHC
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: tedtaylor » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:22 pm

still available, details on my "hobby" website.
thanks
TED
tedtaylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: tedtaylor » Mon May 09, 2016 1:47 am

still available. needs a motivated buyer! :)
TED
tedtaylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: tedtaylor » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:29 pm

SOLD, SOLD, SOLD!
thank you.
TED