Car now sold

PostPost by: worzel » Fri May 27, 2016 11:44 am

Hi

Just to report I've now sold my sprint- a car I owned for 38 years so I must have had some interest in it!

It has been bought by an enthusiast who assures me he'll use it (more than I latterly did I'm afraid).

My reasons- well those I gave in my previous ad were the real ones (I didn't have a hidden agenda nor was I not disclosing anything of concern)- principally the reason was my fading interest in cars in general allied to a growing reluctance to wield a spanner.

It took about 8 months or so I think to move the car on- I really believe some potential buyers were put off by it being a modified car- if that was the case I'm afraid they've really missed out on an all-time bargain- they shouldn't prejudge matters as not all of us are into bodging things. The new owner, on test driving it asked me why on earth it hadn't sold (and as he'd had a few of these in the past he might have had some idea of how a good one behaves rather than being a newcomer to the model). No doubt my old car will be more visible at shows I suspect so you'll be able to judge for yourself if I'm "talking it up"

I'm sorry it has moved on in some ways but a reality check told me that once you start to seriously ask yourself why you own any item it might be time to "split" so to speak.

Owning this car has taught me quite a few practical skills that saved me considerable costs and I've met an interesting crew of owners along the way- some who probably would be better off replacing some of the "professionals" in the business. One thing I have been aware of is that among elan owners there seems to be an answer to pretty much every problem that might crop up- unlike some clubs devoted to certain German makes I won't mention.

I'll still follow the forum and if I think I can make a useful contribution I'll continue to do so.

Regards

John
worzel
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: richardcox_lotus » Fri May 27, 2016 4:59 pm

Remember John - owning a Lotus is a disease, there is no known cure, only treatment....

Best wishes,
Richard
Richard
'72 Sprint
richardcox_lotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Fri May 27, 2016 5:38 pm

At my age I've begun seriously to wonder how much longer I should keep my S3 Coupe. :(

It does seem to be getting more difficult to get in & out. :shock:
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: pharriso » Fri May 27, 2016 9:33 pm

billwill wrote:It does seem to be getting more difficult to get in & out. :shock:

Buy yourself an Evora, it makes the Elan seem like a breeze.

My wife is convinced there is no elegant way & Lindsey Lohan would get a bad cold... :lol:
Phil Harrison
1972 Elan Sprint 0260K
pharriso
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Jentwistle3 » Fri May 27, 2016 10:20 pm

billwill wrote:
It does seem to be getting more difficult to get in & out. :shock:

Buy yourself an Evora, it makes the Elan seem like a breeze.

My wife is convinced there is no elegant way & Lindsey Lohan would get a bad cold... :lol:

I'm not so sure about Ms Lohan, but the Evora starts to look more and more like the right answer. I love the looks of the Jag, but... And the Aston is too heavy.
Jentwistle3
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: