Yellow S130/5 for sale.

PostPost by: vincereynard » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:58 pm

screenhunter_74-nov.-23-11.51.jpg and

I have to face facts and bite the bullet by putting my +2s 130/5, formally known as Toad, up for sale here first.

Bought in Oct 2016 as an alleged fully restored, turn key, one owner car for ?26000. I have now spent an additional ?4000 (?) on rebuilding the engine / clutch / gbox.

However situations change and it is now clear that it will get very little use when finally complete.

Virtually all mechanics / electrical components / hydraulics have been replaced or repaired between 2013 and 2015. The body has apparently never suffered from gel cracks and has had a partial respray to correct stone chips long enough ago to ensure it will be OK.

Apart from a replacement dash fitted by Christopher Neal in the late 80?s the interior is original and all good.

The engine rebuild has been recorded in HD video and should be complete and installed in a few weeks. Until then the car is up on ramps and stripped for inspection. You can slide underneath and see how its all new and sparkly clean. Peer into the gearbox? Check out all the pipe runs?

I made an early buying decision to favour a Spyder chassis for its maintenance and strength advantages. This one has been restored and strengthened during the Spyder rebuild.

I will have a detailed .pdf of history and works done.

It will be a cracker! Let me know if you deserve it!

It even comes with 2 workshop manuals.

Vince
screenhunter_75-nov.-23-11.51.jpg and

p1040745.jpg and
Last edited by vincereynard on Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
vincereynard
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:21 pm

Sad news, but not unexpected.
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: KevJ+2 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:30 pm

Good luck with the sale Vince. At least any lucky buyer will know how much you've put right with Toad.
KevJ+2
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: vincereynard » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:15 pm

Thanks chaps. Maybe it will so splendid I shall refuse to part with it!
vincereynard
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Oliv » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:28 pm

Hi Vince,
Just found this forum, I just registered so couldn't contacted you via private message.
Have you managed a transaction yet?
If not feel free to PM me,
If yes I am glad for you Toad looks great...
Oliv
New-tral

Total Online: