1971 Elan Sprint DHC.

PostPost by: Fredtech » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:54 pm

1971 Elan Sprint DHC.

Time to sell as I have only driven it 40-Miles this year and less than 20 last year. I?m simply not driving it as it should be. Hopefully the pictures will give you a guide to its current condition, viewing is essential off course.
Before putting it on the usual web sites, thought to offer it to Elan-Net members first, and it will also appear in the classifieds, next issue of the UK Elan Club Magazine. I?d expect to get offers in the near region of ?37,750.

Owned since March 1998, subject to a full rebuild the following year.
Original Chassis and Engine. (These can be checked as I have a copy of the old-style green logbook, showing owners back to first sale)

Sensible mod?s were incorporated during the rebuild, in addition to a new wiring loom (Sue Miller), a few are listed below:-

Solid Drive Shafts (Sue Miller Type, now Kelvadon)
Alternator (Ray Dent, small size)
Hi-Torque Starter Motor
(The original parts, Starter/Dynamo, front wishbones, Do-Nut Drives etc, I have kept and will come with the car, should the new owner wish to return it to 71-Spec)

The full-hood is as it came, back in the late 90?s. Intact, but I have never used it as the car has never been out in the rain. There is a Taunae Cover currently in use. (The hood frame is fine)

The bad bits:-
Currently the Fuel Gauge undereads. Fault has been traced to the Fuel-Tank sender unit. Normal I would have changed this when draining the fuel for winter.
The paint job I had done back in the late 90?s is starting to show some blisters, predominantly on the bonnet, around the bonnet recess and a few on the rear bumper. Probably as a result of me keeping it under soft-cover when garaged, which apparently should not be done with GRP body?s.

Any other questions, or you would like to view it, please drop me a PM
or call me on 07710-740949. (Ascot, Berkshire UK)

Thanks a lot, Freddie.
Attachments
1-red-sprint-cherry.jpg and
2-red-sprint-cherry.jpg and
3-red-sprint-cherry.jpg and
3-red-sprint-side.jpg and
4-red-sprint-front.jpg and
5-red-sprint-suspension.jpg and
6-red-sprint-engine.jpg and
7-red-sprint-paint.jpg and
John "Freddie" Nelson, Berks UK
26/3212 - Rebuilding
S4-Sprint DHC - Now at a new home.....
Fredtech
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: JimE » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:29 pm

Beautiful Sprint. Possibily better than others for sale at the moment.
JimE
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: richardcox_lotus » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:27 pm

Early cam cover - possibly an S4/Sprint ?
Richard
'72 Sprint
richardcox_lotus
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:22 am

It is indeed Richard, a Jul 70 S4 converted by the factory to Sprint spec before being sold to the first owner.

A very good looking Sprint with some good patina. Good luck with the sale, John.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Fredtech » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:30 am

Thanks for the comment guys, much appreciated.
John "Freddie" Nelson, Berks UK
26/3212 - Rebuilding
S4-Sprint DHC - Now at a new home.....
Fredtech
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: