Project Zetec +2s for sale

PostPost by: berni29 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:01 pm

Hi

I have 3 plus 2's in various states of restoration. Because I have a 1973 Lotus Europa TCS coming next month I am exiting the 3rd project (this is as part of an agreement with my wife so it will be happening). I am also exiting a nice 986.2 Tiptronic Boxster, but that is another story and forum.

The body is an ugly 1971 Plus 2s in need of total restoration. It is pretty much all there, and I will be parts gathering and photographing tomorrow. It does not have the original engine. Thats the bad news.

The good news is that the chassis is an excellent rolling Lotus chassis that has been very nicely converted to take a Zetec engine. This means the cut out to the front cross member. This was done by a forum member way back when.

Other good news is that I have a good condition 2.0 Zetec blacktop (also from a forum member) with new exhaust valves fitted to go with it, and also a ECU loom and matched keyset although I do not have that completely working yet. I also have an aftermarket inlet manifold, but have not test fitted it. I have a 4 speed lotus gearbox that has been rebuilt, and also a rebuilt type 9 5sp, but that would need modification. These could be included or not by negotiation as could a diff.

I will have full photos in due course.

Does anyone think they may be interested in the above as a job lot?

One of my other plus 2 projects is a complete Spyder Zetec, and this is well underway so I know the territory somewhat.

I really do not want to part the car out. I still have parts left over from the last time I did that 20 years ago. It could go on ebay, but I can only imagine the timewasting frenzy that would ensue.

V5 is in my name at my address in Beckenham Kent BR3 and the car is on SORN.

Edit: Would also sell just the rolling chassis and body together (with doors boot etc). These are the bits the wife can easily see.

All the best

Berni
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:29 am

Berni,
My wife has banned me from visiting Beckenham :lol:

Seriously, I didn’t realise you had that many projects on the go.

The Europa sounds interesting, you do realise you need to wear gloves when driving or you will scrape your knuckles on the screen?

Good luck with the sale, it’s the right time of year to sell.
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: berni29 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:43 pm

Hello

Yes the +2 situation just got a bit out of control. I was in collection mode. Now time for some dispersal.

I went to see a forum members absolutely stunning Europa TCS this morning. What a great car. Its the first time I have actually sat in one. I see what you mean about the proximity of the steering wheel to the screen!

All the best

Berni
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: berni29 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:47 pm

Hi

A couple of pictures.......

Please note the chassis is covered in white dust from a cream coloured body that I sanded and painted while on the chassis.

Ta

Berni
Attachments
IMG_1990 4 Large.jpeg and
IMG_6880 Large.jpeg and
IMG_6885 Large.jpeg and
IMG_6881 Large.jpeg and
IMG_6886 Large.jpeg and
IMG_6889 Large.jpeg and
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: