Lotus Elan

Inserted photos cropped so only part is visible

PostPost by: stevebroad » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:44 pm

Can't see anywhere else to post this.

When I insert photos into posts the right hand side is always cropped off. I have tried reducing their size but this makes no difference. I am guessing that there is a setting somewhere that needs changing but I have been unable to fid one.

Can anyone help?
stevebroad
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: jcocking » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:38 pm

Can you provide examples? Please use the test section listed at the bottom of the forum listing.

test-section-f21/

jeff
Jeff Cocking
LotusElan.net
1970 S4 SE
"Someday I will spend more time on the Elan and less time on the website."
jcocking
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: stevebroad » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:02 am

Photo added to test section.
stevebroad
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:13 am

If a photo in a topic has a hairline border on it, then clicking on that picture brings up a bigger version, which as far as I know is not cropped.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jcocking » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:36 am

There are two ways to show images within the forums.

Attachments: This is where you upload the image to the forums. We automatically create a thumbnail and cache the thumbnail and the main image on 37 different servers around the globe to increase speed for users. This makes a big difference when you consider EU, US, and Australia. The images can also be viewed in our image viewer allowing an user to view all the images on a page at one time.

External Images: This is where you only place a link to a remote image (i.e. photobucket). This requires the full size photo to be loaded every time from the remote server. It is much slower for users. We also have less control over the images. We recently had remove external links for over 1500 images from posts as the remote image was no longer available.

The images in question were external images. Since the image is controlled by a remote server, we have very little control over what the remote server provides.

I have made a dirty little change to show a smaller image, but the full size image is still downloaded to the user. (just changed the dimensions of the image on the page.)

We would prefer to have all images done as a attachment for speedy page loading time for our members.

jeff
Jeff Cocking
LotusElan.net
1970 S4 SE
"Someday I will spend more time on the Elan and less time on the website."
jcocking
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: