Lotus Elan

not automatically logging me in

PostPost by: checkrail » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:35 pm

In spite of me ticking the 'remember me' box the website does not recognise me as a member when I'm viewing any of the forums, I then have to log on if I want to reply to any topic.

Any help please? Thanks checkrail.
checkrail
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Fred Talmadge » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:17 pm

Does it happen with other sites or just LotusElan.net? If others then you are you clearing cookies or using some security app or browser that prevents sites from finding the cookies.
Fred Talmadge
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: checkrail » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:59 am

No it is only this site
checkrail
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: oldelanman » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:07 am

I find that if I logout before leaving the site I have to login again when I revisit but if I leave without logging out I am logged in automatically when I revisit. Checking the "log me in automatically" box makes no difference ... for me at least.
Roger
S4 DHC
oldelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:04 am

There are two different auto-login processes on the internet, so you can get confused if you don't understand what is happening.

One is where the website provides the facility normally controlled by a tick box somewhere on the website. This will use cookies, so will only work if you do not mess about with the prime-site cookies.
You will not normally see the login page.

The second is a service provided by your browser program an so varies from browser to browser. It is normally activated by a browser pop-up window asking if it should 'remember your login' It stores the site, username and password in its preferences area and on recognising the first two supplies the password so that the login occurs. You will normally see the login page.
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: