Lotus Elan

admin help please

PostPost by: weddingcarclive » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:06 am

wherever I go on here I am getting this message also when attempting to reply to an answer
can admin pickup on this

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
weddingcarclive
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:00 am

I got this for a while yesterday. Seems to be OK now.
Steve

Silence is Guildern; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:24 pm

Did any of you think to follow the suggestion that you report it by email to Jeff the system administrator?
Bill Williams

36/6725 S3 Coupe OGU108E Yellow over Black.
billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: el-saturn » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:54 pm

although im no twitter faggot, i twittered it to elannets address (so to say) sandy
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: weddingcarclive » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:24 pm

after managing to get on a post all attempts to go further resulted in the fail message, so unable to do anything to find where to email
weddingcarclive
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:30 am

Jeff's email address was on the last line of the error page.

I did send an email to that address after it had been dead a few hours and he got the site working again; I was just wondering how many others reported the fault.

Not much point in twittering to an email address, it would just get lost in all the 'noise'.
Bill Williams

billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jcocking » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:47 pm

I received a couple of emails directly letting me know about the problem. It took a while to fix the problem. We are running on an older server and I am working on migrating to a new one, but it takes time.

For you detail people, it was not a Brexit issue. we ran out of space and I had to allocate additional space. LotusElan.net is over 50GB of pictures, information, etc. This took time to move to a larger drive.

jeff
Jeff Cocking
LotusElan.net
1970 S4 SE
"Someday I will spend more time on the Elan and less time on the website."
jcocking
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: weddingcarclive » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:28 pm

cheers thanks for the explanation, much appreciated, it appears lots of early posts have been lost during past updates which is a shame for the community to find for themselves without relying on other members who managed to save them, ie the records of cars which came out of the factory with chassis numbers and related engine numbers colours etc it maybe a good idea to reinstate the lists back again as there are other members seeking to see spec of their cars too which I was trying to help a member locate, I having seen the list previously some time ago, knowing what I had seen long ago but not knowing why I went into another room 5 mins ago becomes a nightmare for us fossils
Cheers
weddingcarclive
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: jcocking » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:14 pm

weddingcarclive wrote:cheers thanks for the explanation, much appreciated, it appears lots of early posts have been lost during past updates which is a shame for the community to find for themselves without relying on other members who managed to save them, ie the records of cars which came out of the factory with chassis numbers and related engine numbers colours etc it maybe a good idea to reinstate the lists back again as there are other members seeking to see spec of their cars too which I was trying to help a member locate, I having seen the list previously some time ago, knowing what I had seen long ago but not knowing why I went into another room 5 mins ago becomes a nightmare for us fossils
Cheers

Can you elaborate? We did not lose any data, posts or topics.
Jeff Cocking
LotusElan.net
1970 S4 SE
"Someday I will spend more time on the Elan and less time on the website."
jcocking
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: weddingcarclive » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:53 pm

Hi this was the page I had saved in my favourites

https://www.elanregistry.org/list_cars.php

Not Found
The requested URL /list_cars.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The list contained information by years cars were produced giving chassis numbers, engine numbers, colours and other information

I actually found my car and was able to confirm it still had original engine fitted within the records, apparently now this information has been removed and only held by one person who we need to ask for
I asked the question viewtopic.php?f=20&t=45480 and saw this reply.
"If it’s a single car specific enquiry then Tim TRW99 will help I’m sure. Otherwise you might be stuck with elanregisrty.org (from memory so may not be correct".
Cheers
weddingcarclive
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: oldelanman » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:25 am

Jim Boone who posts as Unibrain on here, made some changes to his Elanregistry website earlier this year and the link you have saved is probably to his old site which is why it no longer works.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=43677

Try this link .....

https://www.elanregistry.org/app/list_cars.php
Roger
S4 DHC
oldelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: weddingcarclive » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:48 am

Wow ! There is a God and you have shown me the light !
Thanks so much for your help, I can let the chap know a bit more about his car now, you are a star,
Cheers
weddingcarclive
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:04 am

Clive, just drop me a PM and I can let you know what the records have on your car.

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: billwill » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:59 am

weddingcarclive wrote:Hi this was the page I had saved in my favourites

https://www.elanregistry.org/list_cars.php

Not Found
The requested URL /list_cars.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The list contained information by years cars were produced giving chassis numbers, engine numbers, colours and other information

I actually found my car and was able to confirm it still had original engine fitted within the records, apparently now this information has been removed and only held by one person who we need to ask for
I asked the question viewtopic.php?f=20&t=45480 and saw this reply.
"If it’s a single car specific enquiry then Tim TRW99 will help I’m sure. Otherwise you might be stuck with elanregisrty.org (from memory so may not be correct".
Cheers

According to that address given, that list was NEVER ON THIS SITE, which is lotuselan.net. It was on the elanregistry.org website, so you are complaining to the wrong person.
Bill Williams

billwill
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: