Zetec to Lotus chassis

PostPost by: graham » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:45 am

I have a zetec motor to fit to my 2s130 to replace the crossflow and I would like to know if anyone has any photos of LH engine mount to suit. I would like to use the extg engine mounts fixed to a plate on the zetec. Any help would be appreciated.
Graham
graham
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:20 am

Sorry, I have no photos just my experience as my car is all built up & taking photos of that bit in the engine bay is practically impossible.

Maybe someone on here has a car which is not completed?

In any case the brackets you need would be geometrically identical to those that Spyder can supply for fitting into their tubular frame.
The frame mounting points are the same as the Lotus frame.
One plus is that the configuration inverts the engine mounts so that they are "fail safe" if/when the rubber lets go.
You might like to consider competition engine mounts such as those described in a very recent thread, they use poly-bushes instead of the Ford mount which may not be happy with handling the extra power/torque of the Zetec.
You could make those mounts yourself as described in the thread or buy from someone like TTR
Spyder can also sell you appropriate brackets but of course postage to you would be expensive.

Good luck
John
Last edited by GrUmPyBoDgEr on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: c42 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:48 pm

Hi Graham

I am making some at the moment and will get you some photographs although I must add that it is a bit trial and error.

Regards
John
c42
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: