connectors for crank position sensor

PostPost by: bob_rich » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:33 pm

Hi Folks

As part of my rebuild I am fitting Engine Management on my December 1973 Lotus Elan +2S130

I have sourced all the parts and have got all the required connectors for the electrics except for 1.

I need to get hold of a connector for the Crank Position Sensor. The one I have ( I believe) is from a Rover MGF models up VIN YD522572. The sensor itself has a part number NSC100390 and is referred to in the MG Rover Parts list as a
Crank Sensor Engine Lucas Long Pin 1. Picture attached below.

Welcome any ideas. Scrap yards ( around here) and Rover spares suppliers only want to sell complete looms bit excessive to cut a single connector off

Any suggestions on source of supply or any details on connectors such as what type R they would help.

regards

Bob
Attachments
crank_position_sensor.JPG and
bob_rich
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: SimonH » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:06 pm

Bob,

I think have an old MGF engine loom somewhere here that I have already cut up for something else. I think there will still be the crank sensor plug and some wire on it.

I will have a look and get back to you.

Cheers,
Simon
SimonH
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: SimonH » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:05 pm

Bob,

I've found a couple of the plugs with shielded wire on.

If you want them drop me a pm or email with your details and I'll stick them in the post.

Cheers,
Simon
SimonH
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: bcmc33 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:22 am

bob_rich wrote:Hi Folks

As part of my rebuild I am fitting Engine Management on my December 1973 Lotus Elan +2S130

I have sourced all the parts and have got all the required connectors for the electrics except for 1.

I need to get hold of a connector for the Crank Position Sensor. The one I have ( I believe) is from a Rover MGF models up VIN YD522572. The sensor itself has a part number NSC100390 and is referred to in the MG Rover Parts list as a
Crank Sensor Engine Lucas Long Pin 1. Picture attached below.

Welcome any ideas. Scrap yards ( around here) and Rover spares suppliers only want to sell complete looms bit excessive to cut a single connector off

Any suggestions on source of supply or any details on connectors such as what type R they would help.

regards

Bob

The picture looks similar to the Mondeo sensor that I use.
New sensor bracket 2.jpg and

This is the bracket I made:
Crank Bracket 4.JPG and
Brian Clarke
(1972 Sprint 5 EFI)

Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional
bcmc33
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: bob_rich » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:21 am

Thanks for the replies folks

SimonH has sent me a couple of connectors so am sorted out now. They fit fine. I would be interested 2 know exactly what they R called or what type they R. For info I have put a couple of photos of the connectors with this post.

cheers Bob
Attachments
P3110159.JPG and
P3110155.JPG and
bob_rich
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: elan_fan » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:43 am

Just for reference these guys do the econoseal stuff

http://www.polevolt.co.uk/acatalog/Elec ... Boxes.html
elan_fan
Third Gear