Sierra front hub spline washer

PostPost by: Simon White » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:27 pm

I am building a Spyder Zetec chassis for my plus 2 and am struggling with the Sierra front hubs. The donor hubs are missing the splined washers that sit between the large hub nut and bearing. I have asked a Ford dealer and they say the washers would cost ?20 each but are not available! I understand that a plain washer might do the job but I'm not sure what size it needs to be or where to buy them. Has anyone come across this problem before? Any help would be appreciated.
Simon White
New-tral

PostPost by: Europatc » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:28 am

Welcome Simon, sorry can not help but I bet some one will be a long shortly who will be able to
all the best
Stuiart
ImageImage
Europatc
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: spyzee » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:33 am

Hello Simon,
It might be worth a phone call to Spyder as they might have some spare washers. They've always been helpful.
It might also just be worth checking to see if the washer you want is included as part of a replacement bearings set.
I've just had the front bearings replaced in mine after 25K miles. Easy to remove the hubs but I took them to my local garage to do the bearing replacement as the torque setting needed was way beyond my torque wrench. Unfortunately because I did it this way I didn't look at the bearing set so I don't know if the washer was there or not.
Other than that its the Ebay or Scrappers trail.

Colin.
1971 +2S 180/5 Spyder Zetec
spyzee
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elansprint » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:34 pm

Simon you could try rally design in Kent they do Sierra based suspension for kit cars or Westfield
Ian
elansprint
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Simon White » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:12 pm

Hi, the washers do not come with the bearing kits, unfortunately. Many thanks to both of you for the pointers. Simon
Simon White
New-tral

PostPost by: Simon White » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:36 pm

No joy with Rally Design or Spyder (yet). The hunt continues!
Simon White
New-tral

PostPost by: Simon White » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:40 am

All sorted. Spyder came up trumps again.
Simon White
New-tral

Total Online: