Minilight Wheels

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:16 am

There might be some confusion here so I'm just mentioning for clarification. The OP was asking about Minilight wheels and the thread appears to be talking about Minilite wheels. They are two different companies with lookylikey products and different prices, sizes, fitting etc
Steve

Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Alan D. » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:15 am

elanfan1 wrote:There might be some confusion here so I'm just mentioning for clarification. The OP was asking about Minilight wheels and the thread appears to be talking about Minilite wheels. They are two different companies with lookylikey products and different prices, sizes, fitting etc

Hi Steve,
It is Minilite that I'm interested in, As they seem to do the peglock Lotus fittings, but there may be some other manufactures that do the same system.

Thanks for your input. Alan D.
Alan D.
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: elan66 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:49 pm

Revolutions are lighter and look not to disimilar to 26R wheels but not the same look as minillites i agree
regards
Paul
elan66
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: stugilmour » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:11 pm

Alan D. wrote:Thanks for the photo, they really fill the arches out and look good. Can anyone enlighten as to use of the spacer, as specified by Spyder?
Alan D.

Alan, not sure if you got sorted regarding spacers? I think you are referring to a thrust ring that goes between the spinner/Nader nut and the Minilite?

We had a bunch of discussions with pictures at the thread below. My understanding/recollection is the thrust rings are supplied by Minilite for all Lotus peg drive applications. Mine on 5 1/2? x 13? Minilites don?t sit as proud of the spokes as the photo of the 14? wheels. They fit within the wheel hub so tightly I initially thought they were part of the wheel.

lotus-suspension-f42/alloy-wheel-collar-needed-t25785-15.html

HTH

Stu
Stu
1969 Plus 2 Federal LHD
stugilmour
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Alan D. » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:50 pm

Thanks Stu,
Alan D.
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: JJDraper » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:11 pm

Keith Scarfe wrote:
I am surprised you guys don't get together and have some alloy knock-offs cast to replace those heavy steel parts!

I think you will fine that the standard steel rims are actually about the same if not lighter than a cast alli one. And they look nicer IMHO. Shame no one reproduces them.

+2 on that. When I bought my Minillights a few years ago, I weighed the bare wheels and found the alloy ones much heavier. In addition, weighing the wheel with tyres, there was an even greater difference. Perhaps that's why the steel ones are prone to cracks..

Just getting my steel ones refurbed for a change of scenery. Also, the wider minilights do make the steering heavier and the car can be over-tyred. Its horses for courses.

Jeremy
JJDraper
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: