Electronic distributor systems

PostPost by: William2 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:40 am

Several years ago I fitted a Powerspark aka simonbloc module in the distributor. I have chosen to go for copper core HT leads fitted with NGK suppressed spark plug caps. I also fitted a 5K inline suppressor between the coil and dizzy cap. I was advised that this was an added safeguard when fitting these ignition modules although I'm not sure of the science behind it! I did however not find it easy to find such a suppressor and in the end bought one at an autojumble.It's probably just me but I still prefer the old fashioned copper leads and they are safe to use with solid state modules as long as you suppress all the HT leads. As already mentioned it is essential to use the heat transfer compound under the mounting plate to help the module to dissipate the heat. I have had no problems with mine so far after 2000 miles.
William2
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:30 am

Besides using the Thermal grease you need to remove the little Pip on the Baseplate so the Hall Effect can sit flat with good heat transfer :wink: :wink: Maybe some people has forgotten to remove the Pip so bad heat transfer :shock: :shock:
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: