Lotus Elan

1969 ELAN+2 SE, powered by TR6 unit

PostPost by: el-saturn » Tue May 21, 2019 11:13 am

gus -- if you're like one of those lovely british fabricators (f1 - mini 850 modsports) you'll have the engine's subframe all welded up (+ a few cuts) in 5hrs!! good luck sandy as just said: that engines looks perfect in there!
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: vincereynard » Tue May 21, 2019 12:09 pm

gusvlachos wrote:Almost all known mods for stiffness to the std Chassis previous posted to" Lotus Elan.Net " , have been done and much more. The "box" technic applied everywhere were possible.
Original chassis have been rewelded and reinforced with 2mm & 3mm plates inside-out, especially in front & rear towers,as well as crossmembers, TUNNEL and all mounts & weak points prone to crack.
In conjuction with the "limited roll cage " !, the reinforced GRP body and the adds of tower/strut bars front & rear, the roll stiffness of this project 'll be exceptional for road use. :roll:

Looks like you have that covered ! I must have missed your earlier posts.
It will be interesting to discover the weight distribution with the longer engine.

Fascinating project, I'm in awe of your skills.

Vince
vincereynard
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gusvlachos » Thu May 23, 2019 6:53 am

el-saturn wrote:gus -- if you're like one of those lovely british fabricators (f1 - mini 850 modsports) you'll have the engine's subframe all welded up (+ a few cuts) in 5hrs!! good luck sandy as just said: that engines looks perfect in there!

El-Saturn, I don't know if I am like those, but I always tried to build my crazy plans.
Last edited by gusvlachos on Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gus Vlachos
gusvlachos
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Adam_R » Sat May 25, 2019 6:42 am

more details on the mini engine?
I've not seen a head like this fitted before, its usually the K1100
Adam_R
New-tral

PostPost by: gusvlachos » Sat May 25, 2019 9:12 am

Adam_R wrote:more details on the mini engine?
I've not seen a head like this fitted before, its usually the K1100

There are a lot details for any interested but is only for history and can't post in this site (send pm if you want ).
Moreover, there is no reason these days for such modification.
K 1100 , NINJA 900, or RX 1000 was not existed those days (1979) ..., which in any way is the easiest way to modify this heads for mini.
Gus Vlachos
gusvlachos
First Gear
First Gear

Previous

Total Online: