Lotus Elan

TC engine and parts for sale

PostPost by: PWTrusty » Sun May 24, 2009 8:29 pm

Located in Nashville, Tennessee a factory original Stromberg head TC from my 72 Elan +2. SERNO 701M6015BA. I am the second titled owner. This rare, unmolested Lotus factory TC was running well with approximately 24,000 miles when it was exchanged for a Stage 2 Webber motor. The car was stored since 1975 when I found it in 2007. This engine has been covered, sealed and in dry storage for the past 7 months. Turns easily by hand with spark plugs removed. The L block and head have never been seperated.Three compression checks by three different mechanics show at least 150 psi with no more than a 6-8 psi varience. Had planned to install this in a sound S3 or 4 Elan but these seem to be rare just now.This sale includes:
the "Big Valve" noted valve cover
a ZS head complete with orginal cams and valve train
"L" block head with orginal pistons, crank, timing chain
oil pan
a new DB water pump
a pair of ZS 1.75 CD carbs
you will need a fly wheel, frresh crank seals, distributor and oil dip stick
will deliver with in 500 miles of Nashville, inquire about shipping further
asking $3,000 feel free to contact me for pictures and questions at [email protected] or 1-615-595-9795

inquire about other parts from my +2 all were working when removed in a recent rebuild:
2 Lockheed brake boosters $50.00
Lucas fan radiator with mounting bracket $50.00
2 drive half shafts with almots new Rotoflexes ( about 200 miles) $125.00
manifold crossover pipes $25.00
plus maybe $15.00 shipping in the US, I will have to check on shipping costsfor the small parts.
see you at LOG 29.
PWTrusty
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: