Lotus Elan

Zetec Minilites For Sale

PostPost by: richgilb » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:13 pm

Looking to part company with my alloys for £200.

They are Spyder supplied bolt-ons and currently on a Zetec - and therefore the right size for a Zetec.......any takers?

Can meet anywhere down the A1 or M1 as far as Northampton or as far north as Newcastle....or you could pick them up from Hull.

Cheers,
Richard
Attachments
old wheels.jpg and
I am now an ex-Elan owner but will drop by from time to time with some suitably inappropriate comments.
richgilb
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: paddy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:05 pm

Do you know the size/offset?

Paddy
1963 Elan S1
paddy
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: richgilb » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:02 pm

They are 6x14...does that answer your question?

Rich
I am now an ex-Elan owner but will drop by from time to time with some suitably inappropriate comments.
richgilb
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: paddy » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:43 am

Partly - I was also asking about the offset or backspacing (distance between the inboard rim and the hub mounting face). They're either desgned for narrow rear springs and no wheealarch flares with backspacing maybe around 115mm, or designed for oriignal springs with flares, backspacing <95mm.

Anyway, I bought some Minilites recently so I wouldn't be wanting them for myself, so I'm not really sure why I asked :)

Paddy
1963 Elan S1
paddy
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jkatthehelm » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:10 am

Paddy, how easy did you find them to fit - I've been wrestling with mine on my S1 for a few months now! Are yours Minilites or copies - mine are Minilites.
Cheers
James
'64 Elan 1600, 66 Elan fhc, 98 Elise 2.0l Duratec
Second Gear

PostPost by: paddy » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:22 am

Hi,

They are new wheels, ordered directly from Minilite in Telford. They are 13 x 5.5 with a +13mm offset. (This offset is to allow them to work with standard springs. I have 26R arches so I don't have a problem with fouling on the arch.) I have 165/70 x 13 fitted.

The only fitting problem I had was the usual problem of the inner rim fouling the wishbone bolt heads at the rear. I chamfered one flat on each of the 4 bolts (ie fore/aft and left/right). With this it still fouled on the bolt and wishbone due to the (original) hubs being eccentric, so I also fitted new TTR hubs. Once the wheel was running straight it cleared the wishbone and bolt heads by about 1mm.

Right now there is something like 5mm clearance between the tyre and the spring seat on the back. I've been told that's not enough clearance but so far there's no evidence of the tyre fouling there.

What problem are you having?

Paddy
1963 Elan S1
paddy
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: