Lotus Elan

Elan rear lights

PostPost by: vxhotrodder » Sat May 24, 2014 3:50 pm

HI
While hot rodding a Vauxhall Victor FB, i needed some rear lights. Couldn't find
any in good condition, so have some new chrome surrounds reproduced. These are perfect for the Elan S2 and S3. They are made of brass so will not corrode again. The chroming is superb, i am very pleased with the way they have turned out. I have 10 sets with the option of more if there is a demand.

I have one complete set of lights for sale which have new gaskets. I will now also offer a reconditioning service. Simply send me your lights and i will strip them down, rust treat and paint the back panel. Clean and polish the lenses and supply new chrome surrounds and gaskets. They will be returned all reassembled and ready to fit.
I'm in the UK. [email protected]" target="_blank 07951818291
Attachments
IMAG0182.jpg and
vxhotrodder
New-tral

PostPost by: gherlt » Mon May 26, 2014 10:54 am

How much do you ask for the rings ?
1964 S1 (engine ready, awainting body repair)
1967 S3 DHC (now adjusted by Brian Buckland, totally calm idle)
1969 S4 FHC (finishing interior, changing wiring loom)

Brian Bucklands 2nd edition book can be found here: www.theelanman.com
gherlt
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Maulden7 » Tue May 27, 2014 5:06 pm

A complete car set with lenses, gaskets & surrounds etc now on ebay from the same source, with a bin of £550.

Dave M.
Maulden7
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: adigra » Tue May 27, 2014 5:23 pm

I received a reply from vxhotrodder, and he won't sell the rims alone, only as a part of the refurb of the existing lights sent to him.
1967 Elan S3 S/E FHC
adigra
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: gherlt » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:04 am

Adigra, you are lucky, he answered you !
I did ask him here, sent him PM, sent email ... no answer. Nothing.
If someone is not willing to answer a question, even if it is a "no",
I would suggest that he has no manners, that kills him from my suppliers list.

It seems he has found a gold mine and is exploiting it heavily ...
1964 S1 (engine ready, awainting body repair)
1967 S3 DHC (now adjusted by Brian Buckland, totally calm idle)
1969 S4 FHC (finishing interior, changing wiring loom)

Brian Bucklands 2nd edition book can be found here: www.theelanman.com
gherlt
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: adigra » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:02 pm

Well, judging by his one and only post being an advert, I don't think he was interested in making friends...

I was interested in the bezels as they are chromed rather than the Kelvedon alloy ones which are meant to be just polished. I have those on my car and they look a 100 times better than my old pitted ones, but not quite original.
1967 Elan S3 S/E FHC
adigra
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: vxhotrodder » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:47 pm

I would like to say I have replied to all emails sent to my hotmail account, there is no reason why I wouldn't.
I originally had the bezels made for a customer who wanted a concurs set. They were very expensive to get remade, and to bring the cost down I had to have 10 sets made. Hence the price for the light units.
The reason I'm not selling the bezels seperately is because each set of lenses and backplate needs to be hand fettled to fit because the bezels are thicker being made in brass. They look superb and of course will not corrode in the future.
They are on eBay at the moment with an option of a best offer. I can do a recon service for £275 a pair, can't do it any lower because of the initial cost.
vxhotrodder
New-tral

PostPost by: S3FHC » Thu May 25, 2017 10:55 am

Hello everyone,

I have never been happy with the appearance of the chrome bezels on my S3 and considered painting them or replacing them with the polished aluminium bezels which are available.
After much deliberation, I recently contacted Paul and ordered a refurbished pair of rear light bases & bezels (Paul had posted on here several years ago and luckily for me, he is still offering this)

The back-plates were repaired where necessary, new nuts were fitted to replace the incorrect nyloc nuts (these can cause damage as their extra grip can pull the studs out of the thin back-plate - hence the repairs)
However, the icing on the cake has to be the pair of new, chromed bezels, produced from a better quality base material than the alloy mazak castings which were used for the originals.

All in all, a very good service, they really do look very good and hopefully will last for many years!

(I have no connection with Paul or his service, other than being a very happy customer)

Mark
S3FHC
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: