Lotus Elan

Pair of Complete Sparto Side Repeaters *SOLD*

PostPost by: el-saturn » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:01 pm

thanks fellas: I know the following and can say: a) the black gasket must be correct as it's congruent with the bezel (i only polished both of them) b) the bezels I bought came from sparto interior lights and c) the lens is the new repro and d) the bulb holder is black and e) I could use 4 screws, even correct ones - for weight reasons I'd never double the amount of bolts though :idea: !! .........................we want colin to rip, always! sandy
el-saturn
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Grizzly » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:28 pm

pereirac wrote:I wonder if you can just sand and polish off the ridge on the 'other' ones to make them look more like the original :D

Carl

I tried it and it didn't look right. I scrapped one to see how far i could go and the area you take the material off gets more clear the more you remove, so what you end up with is a very light top with an almost clear cross where the peaks where and darker amber sides. That was quite extreme and it only takes the sharpness off so the basic shape is still wrong (if that makes sense)

If you do try it don't bother polishing it back just go over with 800's and give it a coat of lacquer (i clear coat hundreds of different light lenses because the Clear has UV protection in it which stops them going brittle and micro cracking ;) ) If you use quality lacquer it also makes lenses look like new (Just make sure its clean first and don't run it :) )
Chris
Grizzly
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Speedo » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:14 am

Just received a pair of Elanfan1's repro Sparto lenses .

Thanks Steve, they're the real deal!

Speedo
Speedo
New-tral

Previous

Total Online: