Lotus Elan

14" Unsigned Large boss Springall/Lotus steering wheel

PostPost by: elanfan1 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:08 am

Technically this is a Europa Twin Cam steering wheel but thought I'd ask here in case anyone who perhaps doesn't have a correct wheel cos they seem to be fetching £6/700+ thesedays and this is a far cheaper option that at least looks a little more correct than other aftermarket ones. I believe they sell Colin Chapman signature decals on eBay now too so could be made to look even closer!

14" unsigned slightly dished Springall steering wheel with the large style centre boss but no centre badge. The spars are in great condition, the centre boss gas a couple of small scuffs that would probably polish or paint out. The leather appears to be the original 40 years old although completely intact is a bit dry (I've fed it once and ought to again) the stitching is correct but a little frayed in places and has years of exposure, ring rash etc but it is original and would have what many might call patina!

I've plenty of photos which I can email if you are interested and contact me via pm here.

The price is a non negotiable and I think reasonable £225 plus UK transit by courier which will be insured, tracked and signed for about £9.00. I could send Internationally but postage would be significantly higher.

image.jpeg and
Steve

Silence is Guildern; Duct Tape is Silver
elanfan1
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: