Lotus Elan

Additional parts from the 27 ft. Lotus Container

PostPost by: Mike Ostrov » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:05 am

Only 6 feet left to examine. Found my tire truing machine, very necessary when we were SCCA racing with Bruce's Racing Recaps and Caldwell caps, very soft at 55 durometer for our Sevens in the late 60's and early 70's. Thanks to all who have inquired about the parts and here are a few more items. 1. stock front anti roll bar with drop links, ready to paint and install 2. complete under the dash hand brake assembly, moves smoothly and has the brake lamp switch. 3. S4 beautiful Smiths fuel gauge, tested with #BF/2201/19 4. S4 NOS interior door handles (MGB) 5. S4 ignition switch with 2 keys 6. European low tube Stromberg intake manifold complete 7. dual oil (0 to 60 psi) and temp in C (needing new charge) gauge complete. Stay tuned for more.
Cheers. Mike at: [email protected] or 510-232-7764
[email protected] or (5l0) 232-7764
Mike Ostrov
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: StressCraxx » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:33 am

Mike,

Think there might be a wheel balancer in there somewhere?

Thanks.

Dan
There is no cure for Lotus, only treatment.
StressCraxx
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Mike Ostrov » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:11 am

Hi, Dan I have a professional static bubble balancer and two on the car wheel balancers. One is strobe and the other is mechanical. Not sure of the accuracy. Pop down when you can and we can examine them. I can spin wheels up to approx 115 mph. The fronts are easy, the back wheels more difficult with the added mass of the half shafts and diff. Could use the two motor spinner on the rear. See you soon. Cheers. Mike, the lad having some Java double fudge chocolate chip ice cream and a couple of Oreo's before the nuke machine spits out dinner.
Mike Ostrov
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: 661 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:22 pm

Hi Mike,
As mentioned by email, if you come across any S2 internal door bits, please get in touch, thanks.
Graeme
S4 SE
S2 GTS
Peterson JPS Exige
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: StressCraxx » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:01 pm

Mike Ostrov wrote:Hi, Dan I have a professional static bubble balancer and two on the car wheel balancers. One is strobe and the other is mechanical. Not sure of the accuracy. Pop down when you can and we can examine them. I can spin wheels up to approx 115 mph. The fronts are easy, the back wheels more difficult with the added mass of the half shafts and diff. Could use the two motor spinner on the rear. See you soon. Cheers. Mike, the lad having some Java double fudge chocolate chip ice cream and a couple of Oreo's before the nuke machine spits out dinner.

Thanks Mike! I would love to come have a look, perhaps next week in the evening or Saturday the 30th? It will be good to see you again.

Dan
There is no cure for Lotus, only treatment.
StressCraxx
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Mike Ostrov » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:37 pm

Hi, Dan. I am still on daily jury summons for the Federal District Northern CA Court till month end. So, perhaps a Saturday would work. Best to call me (510) 232-7764 or email directly: [email protected] . Cheers. Mike
Mike Ostrov
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: