Lotus Elan

Pair of Knock-on Hubs

PostPost by: tesprit » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:12 pm

I have a good pair of Elan rear knock-on hubs for sale that are excess to my needs. I think they are from a +2 (take a good look at the photos) and are left and right hand hubs. They were removed from the axle shafts using a proper thread on puller along with a little heat and came off with no signs of any distortion or damage. When placed back on the axle shafts and fit tested, the tapers fit nice and snug with no signs of wear. I lightly bead blasted the faces (not the tapers) to check for cracks or other damage, found none and then gave them a light coat of spray paint to prevent flash corrosion. They will both need new drive pins but otherwise should be fully functional. The only thing I found odd is that the number of threads on the left hub appears to be two threads less than the right one, but when tested with a wheel and spinner, the spinner still threads on just fine with plenty of turns. I cant find any damage to the threads on either hub and spinners thread on easily and smoothly. The part numbers from the castings are 50D 063 and 50D 064 and the asking price is $175 US plus shipping for the pair. Send me a message through the forum if you are interested in them.
img_0590.jpg and
img_0591.jpg and

Thanks,
Dan
'66 Elan S2
'05 Lotus Elise
'08 Porsche Boxster
tesprit
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: tesprit » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:51 pm

Price dropped to $150 US + shipping. Anyone interested?
'66 Elan S2
'05 Lotus Elise
'08 Porsche Boxster
tesprit
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: tesprit » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:04 pm

New price, $125 + shipping for the pair.
'66 Elan S2
'05 Lotus Elise
'08 Porsche Boxster
tesprit
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: