Lotus Elan

Elan +2 Drive Shafts for sale

PostPost by: davidwinegar » Wed May 31, 2017 4:16 pm

I have a set of barely used Mick Miller Elan +2 drive shafts for sale. There is a back story to these and they come as is.

I bought them in August of 2013. Fitted them to my car with not too much trouble. Used them for about a week and then noticed that the internal grease in the shafts was squirting out all over the brake discs - not good.

I complained back to Sue Miller and received a refund and went with another conversion. I offered to have them collected and returned but she never arranged for pick up and now they have sat in my garage since that time.

I am guessing that the only problem is that they packed them with the wrong grease - too light grease and this is why it leaked out. It should be an easy fix for someone that wants to give it a go and save some money. I paid over 500 GBP for them.

I would be willing to sell them on for 225 GBP plus shipping. Shipping will be from Helsinki, Finland. As they are heavy you can count on that being about 80 GBP.

Direct email: [email protected]
phone or whatsapp: +358415351674

davidwinegar
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Wed May 31, 2017 6:09 pm

All profits to Sue Miller......

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: vernon.taylor » Wed May 31, 2017 6:46 pm

john.p.clegg wrote:All profits to Sue Miller......

John :wink:

Only right.
vernon.taylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: davidwinegar » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:17 am

Sure- no problem I can send all profits to her after she reimburses me for all my time, trouble and expense in selling me a defective part - not to mention risking my life and my son's in selling a faulty product. She is damn lucky I didn't end up in a serious accident and having a major lawsuit over this. She was damn lucky to escape with nothing but a refund.

Do you really think I enjoyed having to do this very difficult and time consuming job twice, just to "screw" Sue Miller out of her profits? Do you really think that is something anyone would like to do (have you replaced the drive shafts? It is not an easy job) - not to mention I had to pay a professional mechanic twice to help me with this job. This was a major expense both in time and money for absolutely nothing other than risking my life and my son's. If I sound mad, you are damn right I am. I was generous enough to offer that she can get them back and investigate what the problem was, but she did absolutely nothing. Clearly she had no interest in tracking down why this product was defective. Is this a company taking responsibility?

Next time think a bit before you comment.

Only right!

Some images of the defect

davidwinegar
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Orsom Weels » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:58 am

I don't know of any other trader who would give you a full refund without first receiving the item back for inspection. It looks simply like the CV to adapter plate allen bolts have not been fully tightened, that's the only way the grease could escape from there. That comes down to incorrect assembly/fitting, which would NOT be Sue's fault but yours or your 'profesional' mechanics !
Orsom Weels
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: jono » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:19 am

I had some slight grease leakage from the Sue Miller drives shafts but nothing like that.

I fitted new CV's after 2k miles as I was convinced that they had gone bad (a lot of driveline lash) - the replacement CV's came with gaskets which I fitted and the problem was solved. In the event the new CV's feel the same so I don't think there was anything wrong the with the originals

Jon
jono
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: davidwinegar » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:06 am

Was NOT a fitting issue. I had a mechanic with over 40 years experience working with me on this (including on many many Lotus cars) and they were absolutely fully tightened down and fitted correctly. The grease leaked not only from the plate seems but from the bolt holes. Just faulty assembly on HER part not mine. As I said - likely the wrong grease.

She should have taken them back for inspection and I fully offered to help to do this - they have sat packaged for return since I removed them, but she never collected them. So again, not very good business practice and shows not too much interest in investigating or correcting the problem.

I am not really interested in hearing people's comments on how I fu**** this up and it is my fault. If you are not interested in purchasing these, then keep your comments to yourself as I did not ask for them.
davidwinegar
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Grizzly » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:26 pm

David the fact is you are selling some thing that doesn't belong to you if you have received a refund........ Have you spoken to her since? She might give you her blessing to sell them on but until then it looks a little out of order.
Chris
Grizzly
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Hawksfield » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi

I have recently replaced 4 new GKN cv,s to my early Mick miller drive shafts they are a metal to metal joint and do not leak grease as the originals never did.

I think they can sorted if you remove the cv an check the mating surface, there may be problem with the alloy plate.

Worth a look
Regards

John

+2s130 1971
Hawksfield
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: davidwinegar » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:17 pm

Sorry Chris but I disagree with you completely. I am not going to beg a company to take back what is a defective product. She cold have easily arranged with DHL to pick them up, I already spent a hell of a lot of time and expense installing and then uninstalling what was a defective product. I packaged them up and sent her a message to arrange for pickup. She never did that. A couple of years in my garage makes them my property - of course I could charge her warehouse space for storing them in my garage!

Let's stop the idiotic talk. ONCE AGAIN, if you are not interested in buying keep your comments to yourself.
davidwinegar
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: knockoffnut » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:09 pm

I note you said you paid over 500 pounds for these, but you also said you received a full refund, so then my maths indicates you paid zero for these. Am I missing something?
1964 S1
1965 S2
1967 S3 SE DHC
Frankentwincam 26R
Seven S2 A
Seven S2 F
knockoffnut
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: jeff jackson » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:38 pm

So in fact, you are saying that these driveshafts are defective and dangerous. You stated that they nearly killed you and your son.
Ok.
So here is the bit I don't understand.
You are willing to re-sell these defective and dangerous driveshafts?
You should be giving them away, wiith the warning that they are dangerous. After all you did get a full refund.

If you do reply to this - saying it is an easy fix, then why dont you fix them, test them, and then you may be within your rights to "re-sell them"
jeff jackson
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: elansprint » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:57 pm

Well said Jeff that was exactly my thoughts
Ian
elansprint
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:42 pm

john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: jeff jackson » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:44 pm

And another thing, I really don't like anyone bad mouthing Susan Miller.
I kind of take that personally.
She refunded fully. FYI for anyone who does not know this already, Sue does not stock the driveshafts any longer because she was unhappy with the quality.
I do want some driveshafts for my plus 2. But I will not buying off this poster. Mainly because of the attitude, towards Sue and others on the Forum.
This is supposed to be a helpful friendly site.
Lets keep it that way.
jeff jackson
Third Gear
Third Gear

Next

Total Online: