Lotus Elan

Elan +2 Drive Shafts for sale

PostPost by: davidwinegar » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:18 pm

No surprise you take no responsibility and won't put your money where your mouth is.

Isn't interesting how you can't let it go when the insults fly the other direction.

Now you see my whole point! Just let it go and forget it John.

Top man you are John
davidwinegar
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:48 pm

?

John :wink:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: davidwinegar » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:54 pm

John you could have just stopped this all by heading my request to stop the comments, but you chose not to and to keep on with the negative tone and attacks on me. Now it is time that someone calls you out for your behavior. Just let it go not John - but I am sure you cannot and have to have the last word here.

As you said... take a chill pill
davidwinegar
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:59 pm

My Dad's bigger than your Dad....

John :lol:
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: davidwinegar » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:08 pm

john.p.clegg wrote:David
Sorry....but I think I have nothing to apologize for.....any profit from the sale of said items should go to Sue , as their rightful owner , by all means deduct for your losses.

OK let's add up the costs to me - it's only fair, right?
1st Removal of rotoflex and installation of driveshafts 6 hours @ 65€ hr = 390 €
Time and research to find alternate driveshafts plus ordering 3 hours @ 35€ hr = 105 €
Removal of faulty Sue Miller drivesharts 4 hrs @ 65 € hr = 260 €
Installation of new Tony Tompson Drive shafts 5 hrs @ 65 € hr = 325 €

GRAND TOTAL 1080 € = 940 £
Potential "profit" from selling the faulty driveshafts 225 £
Sue Miller owes me 715 £

You want to cover her costs John? Just to be a nice guy and support her?
davidwinegar
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:47 pm

David

I've been polite long enough

You Sir are an IDIOT

"You want to cover her costs John? Just to be a nice guy and support her?"

Financially,what does it have to do with me?

"negative tone and attacks on me."

Please point these out as I can't find them ( except for the above)

"won't put your money where your mouth is"

Do you want me to buy them? Why?

Thank you

John :?
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: holywood3645 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:59 pm

If there were any posts that should be deleted.... this one is in the top 10.
STOP
holywood3645
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Orsom Weels » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:18 pm

davidwinegar wrote:Orson,

Of course my tone got abusive in response to your comments and others that were abusive and insulting. You get back in return what you give out.

My first comments were made after your rant in your second post in which you claimed Sue was not interested in her product & was not taking responsibility. That's what prompted me to comment
davidwinegar wrote: You and the others have absolutely no right to give your opinions on this as it has nothing to do with you. If you are not interested in buying, explain to me why you think I need to hear your comments and criticisms? What gives you the right Orson?

As far as I am aware, this is a free internet forum, I & the others have as much right to our opinions as you do
davidwinegar wrote: And who cares anyways what your thoughts on this matter are?

It seems you do, clearly very deeply !
davidwinegar wrote: Who gave you the authority to be "parts police"??????

????????? Sorry, you've lost me there, I don't even know what "parts police" are.

davidwinegar wrote:Have you done the drive shaft conversion or rotoflex replacement? I guess not given your comments. I have replaced rotoflex twice and the conversion twice. I guess I have some damn well earned experience in this. My mechanic has done this 100s of time. It is not intellectually complicated, but it is time consuming and a struggle to get everything out and back in. You again are insulting me that I don't know what I am doing and this is an unfounded and not appreciated and not what the spirit of this forum should be. You have really shown what kind of person you are Orson.

Not that my ability or experience is in question here, but yes, I have done drive shaft conversions, & changed Rotoflex's, lots of them. I agree changing Rotoflex's is a pain, but removing & re-fitting CV conversions is a doddle in comparison. You claim you had a professional mechanic fit the conversion for you, so how can any comments regarding their fitting insult you or your abilities?

davidwinegar wrote:I did contact Sue and said they driveshafts are, I quote from my previous message that clearly you didn't bother to read I have the defective driveshafts removed and packaged for pickup. You can arrange for FedEx to pick them up any day this week. Her response nothing. I already wasted a lot of time on this, I am certainly not going to beg her to come get her defective parts. She had all my contact details and emails. Her responsibility - period!!!! Why the hell should I spend hour after hour trying to get her to take responsibility for her business? Anyone that owns a business (as I do) knows it is THEIR responsibility. If you cannot understand this Orson, they you need a reality check.

Think it's you who needs a reality check

davidwinegar wrote:I stated CLEARLY the problem with the parts and it is the responsibility of the buyer to fix them. I have now 4 buyers all willing to do that. I in no way am trying to cheat anyone or "pull the wool" over anyone's eyes in this. I don't advertise these as new or as anything but needing work to make safe- do I Orson? Again, you need a reality check.

If I genuinely felt a component was defective enough to endanger my life, my conscience would not let me pass it on to someone else, even if I thought it might be possible to rectify the fault. How can you be sure another less experienced owner wouldn't think they had sorted the problem, only to find out they hadn't when they had an accident. How would that make you feel, someone elses death or injuries on your conscience? I guess you don't care.
EDIT, I should add, of course, that I don't for one minute believe you or your sons life was ever at risk

davidwinegar wrote:Go find another thread to spew your idiotic comments on Orson.

Now who's throwing the insults about?

davidwinegar wrote:Anyone that is so worried about Sue Miller's business I tell you what, put your money where your mouth is. Buy the parts back for her and deliver them to her. Otherwise shut the hell up.

Tell you what then, I'll take them off you at the price you originally quoted, I'll have them inspected by an independent engineer & if it's proved that the issues were caused by incorrect fitting or use, you give the money to Sue & apologise publicly for your comments.
Orsom Weels
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: vernon.taylor » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:02 pm

davidwinegar wrote:OK let's add up the costs to me - it's only fair, right?
1st Removal of rotoflex and installation of driveshafts 6 hours @ 65€ hr = 390 €
Time and research to find alternate driveshafts plus ordering 3 hours @ 35€ hr = 105 €
Removal of faulty Sue Miller drivesharts 4 hrs @ 65 € hr = 260 €
Installation of new Tony Tompson Drive shafts 5 hrs @ 65 € hr = 325 €

GRAND TOTAL 1080 € = 940 £
Potential "profit" from selling the faulty driveshafts 225 £
Sue Miller owes me 715 £

Not surprised that you're touchy - your mechanic is taking your for an idiot, (too ;-). I'm an ill-equipped and inexperienced home mechanic but it didn't take me that long to cut and grind the old rotoflexes out and put in Sue's +2 driveshafts - and then 9 hours to remove them and install new ones !!!!! If you have anything more serious to do on your car he'll be able to retire afterwards ! Plus the person who charged three hours work to look at the three alternatives and order !

Hourly rate is fair, though.

Poor Sue would probably pay up if you asked her. :roll:
vernon.taylor
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: pauljones » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:11 pm

My mechanic has done this 100s of times.

I now know where the 100s of missing Elans are.
Kick the tyres and light them fires...!!!!!!!
pauljones
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: davidwinegar » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:52 am

pauljones wrote:My mechanic has done this 100s of times.

I now know where the 100s of missing Elans are.

Again the insults continue - you are really a top guy pauljones and a fine example of what this forum is all about. A place for abusive people to feel like big men. Really sad if that is your life.
davidwinegar
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: davidwinegar » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:53 am

Orsom Weels wrote:
davidwinegar wrote:Orson,

davidwinegar wrote:Anyone that is so worried about Sue Miller's business I tell you what, put your money where your mouth is. Buy the parts back for her and deliver them to her. Otherwise shut the hell up.
Tell you what then, I'll take them off you at the price you originally quoted, I'll have them inspected by an independent engineer & if it's proved that the issues were caused by incorrect fitting or use, you give the money to Sue & apologise publicly for your comments.

Sure thing Orson - put your money where your insults are. You think I am so inept to be unable to bolt on these parts I am more than willing to do just as you said - with the caveat that when you find they are defective you come back here and apologize publicly to me and pay my extra costs in having to do this job twice. DEAL? Total with shipping to the UK is 274£

I am completely confident these are defective - even Sue recognized this and her engineer stated exactly what I thought was the problem - too viscous grease. I quote from her email to me: We are still not sure what has caused such a severe problem- my engineer says that the grease now supplied with the c.v. joint is much more viscous than before so part of the fault may lie there.

So put your money where your insults are and honor your offer. I won't hold my breath as you have shown you are not a stand up guy already

image I sent to Sue showing the brake discs covered in grease from her product. Took a lot of extra work to remove and dismantle both the brake systems to remove all the grease. This is why the job took significantly longer!
Last edited by davidwinegar on Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
davidwinegar
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: theelanman » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:21 am

surely he cant buy these.......
you said they were sold.......

just for clarity........

Im easily confused but enjoying the thread........

thanks

G
theelanman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Orsom Weels » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:49 am

davidwinegar wrote:
Sure thing Orson - put your money where your insults are. You think I am so inept to be unable to bolt on these parts I am more than willing to do just as you said - with the caveat that when you find they are defective you come back here and apologize publicly to me and pay my extra costs in having to do this job twice. DEAL? Total with shipping to the UK is 274£

The only person throwing insults about here is you, but OK, I'll take them off you, we'll put the money into an independent holding account pending the results of the independent inspection. If the inspection reveals defects with the shafts, the money goes to you, the result of the inspection published & I'll concede to no fault on your part. If not, the money goes to Sue & you apologise for all your insults. Deal?
I'm serious, are you?
With regard to you wanting to be reimbursing for having to do the job twice, well that's just unreasonable as you would have had to do the job once anyway. The most you have had to do is to extra to this is remove the Sue Miller shafts, maximum 1 hour, clean off the grease, again, about hour, then refit the TTR shafts, another 1 hour. Any competent mechanic should be able to complete the job in that time.

davidwinegar wrote:I am completely confident these are defective - even Sue recognized this and her engineer stated exactly what I thought was the problem - too viscous grease. I quote from her email to me: We are still not sure what has caused such a severe problem- my engineer says that the grease now supplied with the c.v. joint is much more viscous than before so part of the fault may lie there.

The important parts of that email are “We are still not sure” & “part of the fault may lie there”

Other than yourself & your mechanic, no one else has been able to inspect these shafts to be able to offer any accurate explanation. I'm happy to make that happen, are you?

davidwinegar wrote:So put your money where your insults are and honor your offer. I won't hold my breath as you have shown you are not a stand up guy already

I think you have shown what kind of guy you are ! Having received the refund from Sue, the decent thing to have done would have been to assist her in any way possible in liaising with the courier to ensure that she received the shafts back.

Oh, & one more thing, if you must insist in throwing unfounded insults at me, please do try to at least get my name correct.
Orsom Weels
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: pauljones » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:59 am

Ill volunteer to be an independant holder of funds
Kick the tyres and light them fires...!!!!!!!
pauljones
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PreviousNext

Total Online: