Lotus Elan

Sold - Philips Turnolock 22RN511

PostPost by: Bart Jan van der Ceelen » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:50 am

I am selling a period correct Philips 22RN511. There is some chrome pitting, staining, but one could say that is patina...
I have tested the radio: FM works, Middle- and Long-wave appear not to be working.

I have paid 32 euros including shipping in the Netherlands. These radio's occasionally pop up on Dutch second hand forums.

I have cleaned it, tested it, bought a new replacement light bulb and fitted it. My cost is about 40 euros and I will sell it for exactly that amount. Shipping cost (from Netherlands) to be added. The shipping cost appears to be somewhere from 10 euro (not insured, no track&trace) to 15 euro (insured + trac&trace)

Why for such a low price? To give something back to the community. Would therefore prefer to sell to someone with long history of participation and contributions to this great forum, not someone who will sell it via ebay for a quick handsome profit :D

Cheers,

Bart
Attachments
dsc_0442.jpg and
Last edited by Bart Jan van der Ceelen on Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bart Jan van der Ceelen
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:52 am

I'm very interested! PM sent!
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: ericbushby » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:49 am

Good morning Bart,
If you find another one please think of me.
With my background I stand a good chance of repairing one of those, and I would not sell it.
I do have a period radio, but not FM and not Turnolock type.
Eric in Burnley
1967 S3SE DHC
ericbushby
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: SENC » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:14 pm

Well done, Bart!
Henry
69 S4
SENC
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Bart Jan van der Ceelen » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:48 pm

Eric,

I will keep looking. They are becoming more rare but if one pops up I will certainly try to get my hands on it. The non-FM turnolocks are a bit more common, would you be interested in those as well?

Happy to be able to do something in return for the forum.

Cheers,

Bart

ericbushby wrote:Good morning Bart,
If you find another one please think of me.
With my background I stand a good chance of repairing one of those, and I would not sell it.
I do have a period radio, but not FM and not Turnolock type.
Eric in Burnley
1967 S3SE DHC
Bart Jan van der Ceelen
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: ericbushby » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:50 pm

Bart, yes certainly I would be interested.
Obviously, the FM version is more desirable, but any Turnolock would be better than my Motorola.
I have been watching for some time but nothing seems to turn up here. Of course the dealers and restorers sometimes have them, but I am not in that market, especially as I get most satisfaction from repairing some thing myself.
Eric in Burnley
1967 S3SE DHC
ericbushby
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Paul Chapman » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:30 pm

Why for such a low price? To give something back to the community. Would therefore prefer to sell to someone with long history of participation and contributions to this great forum, not someone who will sell it via ebay for a quick handsome profit

Well said that Man, I agree with your sentiments entirely !
Paul Chapman

68 S3SE DHC
Paul Chapman
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Mazzini » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:42 pm

Paul Chapman wrote:Why for such a low price? To give something back to the community. Would therefore prefer to sell to someone with long history of participation and contributions to this great forum, not someone who will sell it via ebay for a quick handsome profit

Well said that Man, I agree with your sentiments entirely !

You're making me feel guilty...I'll try and contribute more.

Merry Christmas Paul, hope the S3 is running well, come over and see me sometime in the new year.
Mazzini
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: