Lotus Elan

Reserved: Philips Turnolock 22RN314/11 AM/LW

PostPost by: Bart Jan van der Ceelen » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:51 pm

SOLD - PM sent to most likely buyer.

I have for sale a period correct Turnolock.

Tested: receives and plays AM and Long Wave
Replaced the lamp
Cleaned: it's a very good looking example, one of the best I have seen so far
Hand built connector for mp3 player. This was a bit of a test for me, it's the first time I have actually done this. It works pretty well. Switch for selecting radio tuner input or mp3 input is on the black connector box. You would need to bring this connector box to the glove box or similar to connect audio cable and to operate the switch as needed.

Selling the radio at cost (50 euro excl shipping) under a number of conditions:

a. Will sell only to forum members.
b. Longer membership of this forum and more relevant contributions gets you higher on the list
c. Forum members that are paying contribution are given priority
d. No selling-on to ebay or the likes please

Posting of picture on the forum of radio once installed highly appreciated :D

Please note: I am not trying to undercut anyone selling their radio on this forum. I just happen to live in the Netherlands where these radio's occasionally pop up for reasonable prices. I just enjoy finding them, testing/repairing them if needed, and then passing them on to shine in our great Elans!

Cheers,

Bart

img_1876.jpg and

img_1877.jpg and

img_1878.jpg and
Last edited by Bart Jan van der Ceelen on Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bart Jan van der Ceelen
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: nmauduit » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:31 pm

Hello Bart,

rather nice piece indeed ! and including the mod for a very reasonable price... that is the mark of the true enthusiast, thank you for the the forum.

I have a similar one that I have kept with in mind a similar mod, though years pass and pass... plus the knobs on mine have lost almost all the black plastic circle which make it look a bit crappy.

I'm not sure I would listen to it when the engine is on anyway. Could be of use while waiting on the side of the road when the car fails though - but so far so good ;)
S4SE 36/8198
nmauduit
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Peter +2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:10 pm

Pm sent
1968 +2 BRM
Peter +2
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: Peter +2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:13 pm

Hello Bart

I am struggling with the PM’s as I am not at my computer.

I will send one tonight when at home.

Thanks

Peter
1968 +2 BRM
Peter +2
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: ericbushby » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:24 pm

It sounds like you have done it again Bart.
I am delighted with mine although it is not much use when the engine is running, especially as I have the original poor quality elliptical speaker. But then, who needs it when you can listen to the twin cam.
NMaudit
the black rings on the knobs are easily replaced with `o` rings and look good with a soft feel.
Eric in Burnley
1967 S3SE DHC ( rained off again and me with some new wheels to try out)

P.S. On the AM only model, what does the left hand button with the musical symbol do ?
ericbushby
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Bart Jan van der Ceelen » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:26 pm

Hi Eric,

Good to hear you're happy with the radio. The left hand button with the musical symbol is used for "controlling the tone colour". It is a very simplistic equaliser I guess. In my experience it means the sound can either be dominated by bass or alternatively it can be set to a relatively flat frequency response.

Attaching the documentation for reference.

Bart

turnolock user manual.pdf
(743.87 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
Bart Jan van der Ceelen
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Bart Jan van der Ceelen » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:31 am

Radio is now reserved and PM sent to most likely buyer. All others who sent PM's: will keep looking for more radio's to pop up.

Cheers, Bart
Bart Jan van der Ceelen
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: