S3/S4 Window Motor Upgrade Kit

PostPost by: ae_mike » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:02 pm

I have a window motor upgrade kit for all S3/S4 Elans. This kit uses modern window motors that are smaller, lighter, faster and gentler than the stock Lotus (old GM windshield) motors. The kit consists of all the required hardware to mount the new motors to the stock window frame, no drilling or mechanical modifications required. The motors are from a US Chevy Sonic, both Genuine GM or aftermarket Dorman are available at places like RockAuto.com or your favorite local auto parts store. The cost of the kit is $220 plus shipping. I typically use US Post Priority as the price is good and delivery in the US is typically 2-3 days.

For those not in the USA and having issues finding the motors, I can supply motors as well. Motor cost per the current online pricing plus shipping.

Over 25 kits have been installed since 2021 and no issues have been reported. Installation instructions which include the motor information are attached.
Attachments
Lotus_Elan_Modern_Window_Motor_Installation_Instructions.pdf
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 264 times
Michael Allison
1967 Elan S3 FHC being converted to modern electric drive
ae_mike
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: webbslinger » Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:31 am

I installed these in my S4 and it is very easy to do as Mike says. The Dorman motors are so much smaller and lighter, and much faster than the origionals. My origionals are in great shape, and they will stay that way boxed on the shelf. I highly recomend these with no qualifications.
webbslinger
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: ae_mike » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:15 pm

I've updated the instructions to include a screen shot of a properly crimped terminal pin and the part number for the extraction tool to remove the terminal pins from the plastic connector housing in case someone needs to repair or swap pins.

FYI, the part numbers for the motors are in the instructions.
Attachments
Lotus_Elan_Modern_Window_Motor_Installation_Instructions.pdf
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 158 times
Michael Allison
ae_mike
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: ae_mike » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:43 pm

bump
Michael Allison
ae_mike
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: englishmaninwales » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:29 am

Hello Michael,
I have sent you a PM.
Malcolm
1966 Elan S3 Coupe
1994 Caterham 7
englishmaninwales
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: Bill'sS4 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:04 am

Hi Mike, I am interested in one of your window motor kits. Can you tell me how to order one?
Thanks, Bill
Bill'sS4
New-tral

Total Online: