Lotus Elan

Elan +2 130S 1970

PostPost by: Rich135 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:00 am

Hi All

Sadly I have put my +2 up for sale as I have eventually given up the battle between keeping the car and the wife wanting the money to do 2 bathrooms in our house. Sad but true!

The sale is being handled by a friend of mine in Guildford so please excuse the link to his ad with lots of pictures http://www.juliensumner.com/full-details.php?code=208

A brief summary:

1970 130S
4 speed
I am the fourth owner (previous owner was on this forum and had the car in his collection for around 19 years)
97k miles believed to be original.
Photographic restoration in the mid 90's by Christopher Neil with a Lotus galvernised chassis. The body work and mechanicals are still as good today.
Interior immaculate, with Lotus rear lap belts and Turnolock radio
Chrome work is perfect
Engine bay refreshed a few years ago and still excellent.
Paintwork is first class, a couple of very minor blemishes but no pitting, blistering etc
A few other choice upgrades such as remote central locking, high-level rear brake light, solenoid release for boot as a back up to the existing manual release, headrests on original front seats.
Has the original jack, front fog light covers, chrome windscreen surround.

If you have any questions, please do let me know, but do contact Julien if you wish to view. The car is located in Guildford, Surrey, UK

Priced at £25k. The registration PLV52 is available by separate negotiation but I would like it to stay with the car.

Many thanks

Rich
Attachments
lotus6.jpg and
Rich135
Second Gear
Second Gear
 
Posts: 110
Joined: 08 Mar 2016
Location: Surrey

PostPost by: SGO 2F » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:17 pm

Beautiful car!!!

It should sell fast.

Cheers
Richard Shetler
1967 Lotus Elan +2 (050/0164)
1972 Lotus Elan +2S/130 (0239N)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
SGO 2F
First Gear
First Gear
 
Posts: 23
Joined: 08 Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

PostPost by: Slowtus » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:27 pm

As someone who is again on the hunt for a Plus 2...the madness never ends...I have asked that whoever is in control of this area of the site insist that the first word(s) in a for sale ad must be your location.

Why?

Because while I enjoy dribbling through the various listings, I would much prefer that I can easily ignore, until later, those which are geographically, for logical reasons, beyond my reach.

I really enjoy looking at your cars but when i see a desirable Plus 2 and it is too far away to touch...

Admin?

Please?
Slowtus
Second Gear
Second Gear
 
Posts: 172
Joined: 22 Sep 2017
Location: Canada

PostPost by: 512BB » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:15 pm

You only have to be logged in to see where a poster is located in 95% of cases. The other 5% do not show their location for reasons only known to themselves.

Leslie
512BB
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear
 
Posts: 818
Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK

Total Online:

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests