New Dash - Classical Dash

PostPost by: Matt Elan » Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:32 pm

The rewiring on my Plus 2 is progressing, but in the process I damaged the dash (don't ask but it involved having to take out the heater box among other operations and it broke at the weak spot between the glove box and the air vent) . It was already a bit tatty and had suffered a few scratches as well - and when I got it out it had lots of crude reinforcing strips and old crack on its back so it was time for a new one...
So I rang round for an early Plus 2 dash - none of the usual suspects had one - all on back order and waiting on their supplier. This is, as we probably know, Classical Dash of Stokenchurch fame. I rang them, left a message and when Mr Bond rang me back I was surprised having seen on some other posts how it was hard to contact him. And he had one in stock. So I bit the bullet (despite earlier posts about this supplier) paid for the dash over the phone on Wednesday, and was told it should be with me on Friday. I was a bit worried when nothing arrived on Friday, and was then pleasantly surprised when it did arrive today (Monday). And it is really rather nice despite it being an ex-display one so full marks to Classical Dash. I'll post a picture when its in.....
Matthew Vale - Classic Motoring Author
1968 Plus 2 - Somewhat cosmetically and mechanically modified
1969 Plus 2S - Currently undergoing nut and bolt restoration
Visit me on matthewvale.com
Matt Elan
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: