Elan+2 Boot

PostPost by: flyinggellyfish » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:22 am

Does anyone know how/where the angle iron boot floor support attatches in a 68 +2 (with the external handle) . I have the vertical support which the lock and handle mount to , but the horizontal angle iron floor support is missing . The parts book shows it rivited to the vetical support , (I can see the old holes) but has a lug on each end to attach somewhere on the rear panel (?) . I want to make this angle iron support but do not have the dimentions or the mounting points to do it , except the one to the vertical support .
Anyone know where the mount points are and the dimentions of this support ?

Rick
1968 Elan +2 . Now going back together after 18 years , you just can not rush these things .<br>Rick
flyinggellyfish
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: type36lotus » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:33 pm

If you are located in the US why not give a call to Sportscar World in Texas. They may have the part (probably used) and save you some time. I have in the past found them very helpful with the litte bits that seem to get lost or simply disappear.
Mike Geiger
66 S3 Coupe', no more :-(
type36lotus
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:12 pm

Rick
The angle iron is 44" long and at each end has a piece approx 1" by 1/2"wide protruding upwards welded on,this is rivetted behind the rear lights.

Hope this helps

John
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: flyinggellyfish » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:43 pm

Thanks for replies .
Type 36 :I am in London , England , but thanks for contact in U.S.
John , thanks for for the info . I can now make up the part . I have just found the 2 rivit holes that are on the rear light cluster mounts you mentioned , I just thought someone had put extra holes for wires to go through .

Thanks for your speedy replies :D

Rick
1968 Elan +2 . Now going back together after 18 years , you just can not rush these things .<br>Rick
flyinggellyfish
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: john.p.clegg » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:12 pm

Rick
Loused-up your last message,but,can't help with the trim as i just cut carpet to size and stuffed it in

Thanks
John
john.p.clegg
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: flyinggellyfish » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:29 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mrjxc09+Dec 8 2004, 07:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrjxc09 @ Dec 8 2004, 07:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Rick
Loused-up your last message,but,can't help with the trim as i just cut carpet to size and stuffed it in

Thanks
John [/quote]
No worries John . I think I will cut a bit of hardboard to fit from boot lip down to metal support and cover it with the carpet .

Thanks
Rick
flyinggellyfish
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: prloz » Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:41 am

Hi,
How about a piece of black vinyl coated aluminium ?
Regards,
Peter.
prloz
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: flyinggellyfish » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:48 am

<!--QuoteBegin-prloz+Dec 9 2004, 07:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (prloz @ Dec 9 2004, 07:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Hi,
How about a piece of black vinyl coated aluminium ?
Regards,
Peter. [/quote]
Peter , I have bought a full carpet set from CN and there should be the piece of carpet that fits acrcoss the back . I looked through the manuals to see how it was fitted and if it covered a card panel , but they were not very clear . I could use ali instead of hardboard .

Rick
flyinggellyfish
Second Gear
Second Gear

Total Online: