Carpet Set for an S2

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:05 am

Elanintheforest wrote:Well, at some time the factory changed from ribbed to flat floors. If this co-incided with the introduction of the S3 (Coupe), then there would have been at least one moulding for a ribbed floor, and one for a flat floor when both S2 and S3 Coupe were being made.

I can't think that there would be any difference between a bottom moulding for a S2 compared to an S3....so maybe some S2 cars got the S3 bottom, and probably, some S3 cars got a S2 one.

Just a thought!

I would guess that the change to the flat floor was brought about by several factors. One set of molds will yield a maximum of one set of parts each day, that?s 250 to 300 body?s per year. If more are required than a second or third set will be required. Molds take up a lot of space and if left out doors need to be cleaned before use. The biggest factor is the older molds were most likely knackered and they already had "new" flat floor mold. It is also a lot easier to lay up a flat floor and not get air bubbles (voids).

Gary
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Ross Robbins » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:21 am

Mark wrote:
So now I'm wondering at what pint did the S3 Coupe get it's Triumph radiator and single spring bonnet?

I read this carefully and realized you may have hit upon the answer to all early Lotus specification questions within your question: At what pint indeed! :lol:
Ross Robbins
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Previous

Total Online: