S1 boot support mechanism

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:19 pm

The square isn't square to the ground or the body, it was used to show a relitive position. That position is 1 inch away fron the center of the closest hole,
the next hole is centered 1 3/8 inches away from the first. I don't know what the hole in the center was used for, there was a pip pin used at one time when it was Son Tingles C production racer.

p.s. - I fill most holes along the sides for the badging as a freshly painted car look pretty ratty if you don''t have new badging to go on the new shinny paint.
Last edited by garyeanderson on Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Emma-Knight » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:04 am

Thanks Gary, that was exactly what I needed.... and will be another thing on the to do list :wink: The last owner was a man with lots of putty, reducing or even closing all small drillings in fibreglass. He closed all badge fixing points and drilled new. I can still find all those original badge clips inside the body shell - and the badge drilled new 1/2 inch above where it should be. Well - at last I still have those precious clips...

Anna :D
1965 S2
Emma-Knight
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:43 pm

I was out looking through boxes and came across the plywood filler for side between the bumper recess and fuel tank out of the S4 Coupe and took a couple pictures, one with graph paper background the other in the S2.

garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Previous

Total Online: