1970 +2 Windscreen rubber

PostPost by: elclem1 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:56 am

Once again I have need to call on everyone out there for assistance. I have moved my restoration on and I am having the tub sprayed next week. Only problem is I cannot find a replacement seal for the windscreen. I have tried the usual - Sue miller and Paul Matty but to no avail. Does anyone have an idea where I might get one from? Its the one that sits behind the wiide chrome trim I think it's from a Capri?? but not sure. Thanks in advance Clem.
elclem1
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:21 am

You're right, it is from the Capri, and Classic I think. If all else fails, you can put the 'standard' rubber in, with the thin plastic filler piece. The only difference between that and the one you want is a deeper groove that the metal finisher pushes into.

Try these guys:
http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/DEFAULT.ASPX

They can usually help. If you have some luck, do let us all know! I'm restoring a very early Plus 2, and like the early 'S', it had the metal surround, for the first 100 cars or so. I'll be needing the same rubber at some time.

Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elclem1 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:39 pm

Thanks for the info Mark if i get any more clues for a supplier I'll post it. Clem
elclem1
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: elclem1 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:00 pm

Hi everyone - I have an answer on the windscreen rubber - Sue miller has sent me one to try, I have a windscreen fitter mate who is going to fit and feedback to me so I shall let you know how it goes.
elclem1
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: Jeff-psycho » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:31 am

You could try Larry Brown of the Consul Capri Classic Owners Club. The last phone number I had for him was 01255 508803.

Good hunting.

Jeff
Jeff-psycho
New-tral

PostPost by: elclem1 » Sat May 02, 2009 9:08 pm

Hi everyone, Good news for the front windscreen rubber with the crome insert fitting. Apparently it fits ok so my friend the professional windscreen fitter tells me. Sue Miller is going to restock ans supply a requested
elclem1
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: