Elan Colours

PostPost by: adigra » Tue May 05, 2009 1:41 am

First, I am new to the site, so hello to all. Having recently joined Elan ownership with an S3 Coupe in need of a full respray I've had weeks of colour dilemmas and considerations. I've settled on navy blue, with silver bumpers and wheels (it's an SE car and I think this combo will look very nice with the extra chrome). But all that aside, I have not been able to find a comprehensive list of colour options offered on various series of Elans, and was wondering if someone here might point me in the right direction. Thanks.
1967 Elan S3 S/E FHC
adigra
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: robcall » Tue May 05, 2009 2:19 am

http://www.lotus-europa.com/colors.html

French Blue or Royal Blue may be a close match to what you looking for as original colour :lol:
Nigel Robertson
robcall
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: gordont » Tue May 05, 2009 2:58 am

My S2 is done in "Ecosse metallic blue" which is apparently (but not sure) Scottish racing blue with silver bumpers and panasport wheels and will have silver hardtop down the track.

Unsure of the originality (well was actually originally red) but looks great.
Attachments
ElanP4150003.JPG and
Gordon
26/5416
gordont
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: adigra » Tue May 05, 2009 3:53 am

Thanks Nigel, I haven't seen that site before, quite useful.

Gordon, that is a lovely colour. It confirms my opinion that Elans look great in, less seen, darker colours. My car had, at some point, been repainted red (from the original yellow) with the obligatory gold bumpers/black wheels combo. I'm returning the later to their original hues, but am not bothered with absolute originality for the body as long as it's in keeping with the period.
1967 Elan S3 S/E FHC
adigra
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: trw99 » Tue May 05, 2009 2:24 pm

All the Lotus paint codes are listed here:

http://www.elanfactory.com.au/pdf/techn ... 0Codes.pdf

Tim
trw99
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: