What colour to paint my sprint?

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:49 pm

richgilb wrote:Looks fantastic, make sure you only take it out on sunny days, though. We need to preserve things like that.

Now I gone and ruined it...
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: richgilb » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:55 pm

Oh well, never mind. You could always stuff a vile modern engine in there, jack up the suspension and spray it a chavvy pearlescent colour? Might give you a good price for it if you do.
I am now an ex-Elan owner but will drop by from time to time with some suitably inappropriate comments.
richgilb
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:02 pm

richgilb wrote:Oh well, never mind. You could always stuff a vile modern engine in there, jack up the suspension and spray it a chavvy pearlescent colour? Might give you a good price for it if you do.

I think I need to get the original chassis before I go much further, otherwise it wont be worth a thing..., I bet then I can do a 26r clone in Cirrus White and really make some coin!
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Elanintheforest » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:26 pm

I think it might need a front end before you get too busy painting it Gary! I do like the Cortina 'heads' resting in the background...looks like some anti-LoCort ritual has been going on......

Mark
Elanintheforest
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:44 pm

Elanintheforest wrote:I think it might need a front end before you get too busy painting it Gary! I do like the Cortina 'heads' resting in the background...looks like some anti-LoCort ritual has been going on......

Mark

It's amazin' innit!
Gotta' say Gary your picture library is second to none.
It seems that regardless of the subject, you have the right picture there within no time.
Hat's off to you, brilliant!

It'd be fairly easy to squeeze in a BMW M5 V10 whilst the fronts off that car, oh yes, yes :) :)
But "find the original Chassis" it's probably buried alongside "The Holy Grail" somewhere :roll:

Cheers
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:58 pm

Elanintheforest wrote:Now look what's happened, Rich, you've attracted John, who's obviously had an unrequited love affair with Donovan for a long time. That Baby Blue colour is working it's stuff already :D :D

As for the Lotus car park, if you haven?t done so already, lower the suspension to Plus 2 levels or you?ll be put in the 4x4 park. :shock:

Mark

Groans aloud, now Sandie Shaw, or that French bird Francois Hardy(Sp.?) well ---- I would have (Chance'd be a fine thing!!) :roll:
The Donovan geek did a gig in a pub on Redcliffe Hill, were you there Mark?
I was.

When I mentioned parking next to me, I meant of course in the parking area for very, very special cars :lol:
Now, where did I put my coat?
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:53 pm

Elanintheforest wrote:I think it might need a front end before you get too busy painting it Gary! I do like the Cortina 'heads' resting in the background...looks like some anti-LoCort ritual has been going on......

Mark

I am out of space indoors, Cortina's are sacrificial to keep the tide away. Last night the tide was under the Cortina nose with the sad green flash resting upon the Coventry Climax fire pump frame. I am thinking of loosing some outdoor lawn sculpture soon and I hope someone will come to my aid.

Oh I almost forgot, Paint the Elan a color that stands out, you really need to be seen in an Elan today as many folks won't notice you before they run into you, half of those won't notice after. Having the original color won't help on the resale if the Elan is all busted up along with you.
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: richard sprint » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:01 pm

With reference to the cortinas looks like they came out of the ark two by two...

The thread started however with what colour?

Today Lotus yellow!

Richard
richard sprint
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:06 am

My Cortina problems restarted 2004 when I stumbled across this Lotus Cortina

now there are 3 GT's in addition to the LoCort plus the lawn art.

Getting back to colour some lotus look better naked!
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: richard sprint » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:54 am

Marvellous! including the Elite roofline in the background......
richard sprint
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:41 am

a couple of colour photos

I like yellow too, this is Nissan Solar yellow, the only other color I considered at the time it was painted was a 2002 Corvette yellow, These were the two colors that always appeared first in my periferal vision while driving and looking specificly for for that feature.

I wish I hadn't sold the yellow coupe but I got the lust for an Elite and I had to let er go. I kept the S2
Looks like first wash day, white bucket and "Prell" shampoo on the deck in front of the seat.
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: garyeanderson » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:49 pm

I was looking at the bottom of the doors on the yellow Coupe and the fit looks pretty nice for a stock door on the left side, the right door shadow along the bottom doesn't look so good but its a bad angle to see much from. I got the door seals from Ray at rdent.com
garyeanderson
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: freddy22112211 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:03 am

Gordon
freddy22112211
Second Gear
Second Gear

Previous

Total Online: