windscreen trim

PostPost by: slimromeo » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:49 pm

im just coming near to the end of getting my 1972 +2 on the road but im having problems trying to locate the trim for a bonded windscreen (and correct chrome corner trim). can anyone help?
slimromeo
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: Craig Elliott » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:38 pm

The UK suppliers are trying to get a new supply of screen trims sorted (I believe the original tooling wore out). Until this happens I think you'll have to look overseas - I believe R Dent (USA) has them.

You may also find it difficult to get someone to fit the new windscreen for you...

Good luck!

Craig
Craig Elliott
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: martinbrowning » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:43 pm

As Craig says,these surrounds are not available in the UK at present.The problem centres on the silver foil and it's manufacture-I believe that some of the chemicals used are banned under EU guidelines.
I was talking to Paul Matty over the weekend about this very subject.Discussions are on-going with several far eastern manufacturers and I believe a couple of samples have been delivered for initial inspection.However,nothing is yet certain...........

Martin B
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
72 Europa Special, 72 Sprint, 72 Plus 2
martinbrowning
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: slimromeo » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:15 pm

i'll try overseas, wish i'd bought it when i originally inquired as most places had it in. bad timing. thanks anyways all
slimromeo
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: alan » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:50 am

Hi Slimromeo ( or maybe not so slim!!)
i bought some trim last August from SJSports Cars for my 1973 plus2s130 and the corner pieces. It is 1 inche wide , so a little narrower than the original. It fits vey well, super job. I hope this helps you
Alan
Alan.B
alan
Third Gear
Third Gear

Total Online: