The End

PostPost by: dusty » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:14 pm

terryp wrote:Steve
Glad you are OK, but I don't think that you can leave the Forum.........
You may wake up in a village in Wales being chased by a big balloon!

All the very best and thanks for your replys!

Terry

Off topic - But I'm currently working my way through the box set Of "The Prisoner" - very cool, albeit wierd....
dusty
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: steveww » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:36 pm

A big THANK YOU for all the good wishes :oops:

Thanks but no thanks on the offer of a V12. The complexity and thirst put me off. I have driven a few of V12 XJS and the mid range grunt is very impressive.

Sure the XJS is no Elan but I wanted something I can do long distances in with comfort, around 2000rpm at motorway speeds in the Jag. For my mad moments on the back roads I still have my modern MINI Cooper S (with tweaks). For track fun I may go back to karting or get a Caterham but that will have to wait until next spring as I am running out of time to get everything sorted before the end of summer.

I feel I should explain the ostrich. I was on safari at a private estate in South Africa and this big bird walked in to camp. Her name was Pamela and she was totally tame, she was not hand reared or anything just one of the wild birds that decided to be friends. I took the picture of her one day when I was lounging by the pool and she just walked up to say hello.

I will keep the Lotus information up on my site but expect some new Jaguar content soon.
steveww
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: GrUmPyBoDgEr » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:45 pm

Hi Steve,

I'm so pleased that you explained the Ostrich thingy, it's been weighing on my mind so much today :D
The picture that Mark put up, after the Jag pictures nearly frightened the life out of me though.
Keep in touch!

Cheers
John
Beware of the Illuminati

Editor: On Sunday morning, February 8th 2015, Derek "John" Pelly AKA GrumpyBodger passed away genuinely peacefully at Weston Hospicecare, Weston Super Mare. He will be missed.
GrUmPyBoDgEr
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mrob » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:45 pm

steveww wrote:A big THANK YOU for all the good wishes :oops:
I feel I should explain the ostrich. I was on safari at a private estate in South Africa and this big bird walked in to camp. Her name was Pamela and she was totally tame, she was not hand reared or anything just one of the wild birds that decided to be friends. I took the picture of her one day when I was lounging by the pool and she just walked up to say hello.

This bird gets around, see the avatar for David M.

http://forum.pcmech.com/showthread.php?t=169104&page=23
Michael Robertson
64 Elan S1
mrob
First Gear
First Gear

PostPost by: richgilb » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:37 pm

Anyway, about that engine......
I am now an ex-Elan owner but will drop by from time to time with some suitably inappropriate comments.
richgilb
Third Gear
Third Gear

Previous

Total Online: