sound deadning felt underlay....

PostPost by: phatmendus » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:34 pm

Hi can anyone shed some light on an underlay I have been sent by one of the lotus suppliers. They sent me rolls of this thin green stuff which I was told is the new good stuff, but then was told by the same company (by accident I should add) that the green stuff is quote 'crappy'. And I really should have used the thicker brown felt.

Should I be concerned that it is going to be very noisy inside the car with the inferior felt, or is my concern unnecessary?

Any advise appreciated.

Thanks

Simon
phatmendus
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: steveww » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:47 pm

I got the genuine felt type stuff from Susan Miller.
steveww
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: chrishewett » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:21 pm

Woolies in Peterborough stock anything you might want in this line. www.woolies-trim.co.uk
chris
chrishewett
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: nebogipfel » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:43 pm

Yep as Steve says, Susan Miller (01728 603307) Supplied me with a do it yourself kit for my S4 :D
John

No longer active on here, I value my privacy.
nebogipfel
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: berni29 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:51 am

In a slightly different direction.......Apparently there is a ceramic sound insulator available that you paint on. From memory it is called Lizard skin or something. I think that you can also get ceramic powder and mix it in your favourite paint. Not sure how effective it is, but I plan to try the stuff in the future...
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: