dashboard diagram

PostPost by: richgilb » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:21 pm

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a dashboard? Or know of a post with one?

Cheers,
Rich
I am now an ex-Elan owner but will drop by from time to time with some suitably inappropriate comments.
richgilb
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: andyhodg » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:22 pm

Rich

I have a wiring diagram for an early dash (with toggle switches) that proved to be reasonably accurate when I replaced the dash on my '69 plus two. I can scan and email a copy if you wish.

Regards

Andy
andyhodg
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: richgilb » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:31 pm

Andy

Thanks for that, but I should have mentioned it was for a 1971 car!

Rich
I am now an ex-Elan owner but will drop by from time to time with some suitably inappropriate comments.
richgilb
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: leifanten » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:42 am

Rich,
sorry I cannot help you with your ancillary question regarding the wiring diagram. However, with regards to your more fundamental question, maybe I can:

Q: The renovation is over...now what?

A: You drive it like you stole it...... :) :D :lol:
Leif
1968 +2 Wedgewood blue
Houston, TX
leifanten
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: stugilmour » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:54 pm

Rich:

My workshop manual has diagrams of the dash showing the stock wire colours to each connector on the various dash components. Not a schematic diagram, more a component connection diagram with each wire colour listed by item and lug position. I can scan and post them early next week. There are two diagrams, one with four minor gauges and one for six minor gauges. As my car is Federal, I have to use portions of both diagrams (four gauges, flat switches, no fuses in ashtray area). The idea is you assume the component diagram is from the rear if car is LHD and from the front if RHD. Not definitive diagram, but may help?

I assume you already have the correct wiring schematic for your model? My book has a total of ten Plus 2 schematics in 11 x 17 format that may not scan well due to their scale and are pretty confusing between models. Let me know if you require any of these as well and I can try a scan.

For the dash, I found the Federal schematic the most useful, not just because my car follows it exactly. It is set up a bit differently, where the wire layout follows the physical location of the wires rather than a purely schematic layout. If you don't have this one in your book I can scan it; your wiring details my differ though.
Stu
1969 Plus 2 Federal LHD
stugilmour
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: elanman999 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:45 pm

Rich,
I can send you the wiring diagram for a "+2S non-fed RHD Altenator" if thats the one. Or is it a +2S130? Well I know yours is a Zetec but whats the base model? It is best if I email you directly due to the file size. PM me your email please.
Cheers
John
elanman999
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: richgilb » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:57 pm

Yes, the Zetec was an RHD 130s...so I think I have found my man. John, I have pmed you with my address.

Rich
richgilb
Third Gear
Third Gear

PostPost by: alaric » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi. Is this what you're looking for? It's not my drawing - posted on the forum some time back and then again recently. I'll look out who posted it but can't remember off the top of my head. Apologies to original poster.
Attachments
Dash%20Wiring%20J.jpg and
+2 S 130 dash wiring
alaric
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Robbie693 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:23 pm

alaric wrote:Hi. Is this what you're looking for? It's not my drawing - posted on the forum some time back and then again recently. I'll look out who posted it but can't remember off the top of my head. Apologies to original poster.

That was done by Mark (Elanintheforest), tis very useful. I'm sure he won't mind

Robbie
Robbie693
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: