Rear Bumper Attachment

PostPost by: twincamman » Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:30 pm

having reached the bumper fitting stage i am loath to drill holes in the lovely flanks of my car would a heavy duty velcro do the job as the bumper appears cosmetic only. in a crash THEY WOULD BE USELESS what does the group think? ED LAW
dont close your eyes --you will miss the crash

Editor: On June 12, 2020, Edward Law, AKA TwinCamMan, passed away; his obituary can be read at https://www.friscolanti.com/obituary/edward-law. He will be missed.
twincamman
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: rgh0 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:38 am

Ed

While the bumper is certainly light, if yours is still foam filled it is more than cosmetic. I recently got a significant nudge in the rear while racing when an out of control Porsche rammed me in the rear while braking for a corner. The bumper took the impact which was significant and enough to drive me off the track. The bumper suffered a lot of fractures but was repairable and the body underneath was not damage.

You should not have to drill holes, my S4 has two unthreaded bobbins in the top of the recesses for the bumper each side that line up with two threaded bobbins in the bumper itself for location.

Rohan
In God I trust.... All others please bring data
rgh0
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: