Elan S2 assembly - windscreen & other parts

PostPost by: PaulH » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:34 pm

I've put another video on YouTube of me Elan S2 assembly. This time: Fitting the windscreen, heater box and brake servo. Also clutch master cylinder push rod length, engine bay progress and rubber mats.

https://youtu.be/--kkeSlUZt0

Paul
66 Elan S2
PaulH
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: AshleyPark » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:59 pm

Looking really good Paul!

What did you use to paint the inside of the engine bay?

David
AshleyPark
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: PaulH » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:50 pm

AshleyPark wrote:Looking really good Paul!

What did you use to paint the inside of the engine bay?

David

Hi David,
I prepared the smooth parts of the engine bay in the same way as the rest of the body, the rough finished areas were cleaned and given a bit of a key with slight rub over with sandpaper but no other special treatment. The black paint has been used for all the black painted parts including the window frame and the engine bay, inside of the boot etc. The paint shop added a matting agent (I think) to gloss black 2 pack paint. We decided a high gloss finish wouldn't look right. I think it's possible to control how matt the finish is by adding more or less of the matting agent. He painted up some samples plates with different matt finish and I made a choice. The engine bay may be a little too shiny for some but I wanted to have the window frame not too matt, and the body shop painted all the black areas and parts at the same time which I was happy with. (Loving it :))

Paul

At the paint shop
img_8260.jpg and

img_8261.jpg and
66 Elan S2
PaulH
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: AshleyPark » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:20 am

That's great info. Thank you.
AshleyPark
Second Gear