Securon stalk placement

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:11 pm

I'm having trouble with the orientation of the Securon stalk in an S3 with the wrap around console
pad. The seat will be fully forward. First off, the stalk is way too short and will need to be
extended but to what length? Do I go beyond (more forward) of the seat bolster? Because
of the wrap around (down the sides) console pad, it is a really, really tight fit, which makes access
to the release buttons nearly impossible, but for the belts to work properly, it needs to be low.

My Sprint has the oem stalk receiver placed exactly between the seat bolster and console but the
console also has a pad that does not wrap around so although the fit is tight, it works.

So, those with wrap around console pads and securon belts, what was your solution?

I suppose I could change the pad to a flat top style...
Attachments
DSC02216.JPG and
DSC02215.JPG and
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mbell » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:42 pm

Hey Greg,

I am not following the issue but I am not very familiar with s3 interior.

However sercon offer quite a few different configurations:
http://www.securon.co.uk/seat_belts_firstframe.htm

So there might a better option than your current ones. I think the second number in the belt number refers to the buckle type and first to the retractor type. So probably looking at the options with matching first number.

Mark
'73 +2 130/5 RHD, now on the road and very slowly rolling though a "restoration"
mbell
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: gjz30075 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:03 pm

Mark, I was jumping around a bit, sorry. I do see that maybe the "adjustable webbing" buckle
end might be a good option, thanks.
Greg Z
45/0243K Sprint
45/7286 S3 SE DHC
gjz30075
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Craven » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:05 pm

gjz30075 wrote:Mark, I was jumping around a bit, sorry. I do see that maybe the "adjustable webbing" buckle
end might be a good option, thanks.

Yes good option, not like a modern car with the buckle attached to seat so adjustable is the way to go.
Works Ok on my S3.
Craven
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: