Rotflex compressor

PostPost by: Foxie » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:39 pm

Attached photo of an industrial hose clamp which i use when removing/replacing Rotoflexes. Loosen rotoflex nuts, tighten clamp while checking rotational freeness of a bolt with spanner. At the right compression all the bolts will spin out freely. Refit just as easy.

Note NEW Rotoflex with compression band still in place, to be cut off AFTER fitting

Sean Murray
Attachments
Rotoflexcompressor2.JPG and
Rotoflex compressor
Foxie
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: reb53 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:15 am

Two hose-clips joined together works OK too.

Another way of making life a little easier is to get bolts that are about a cm. overlength.Then you have some spare bolt that you can grind a taper on. Makes it so much easier to tap the bolts in and you don't destroy the first few threads, because they no longer exist.

Ralph.
reb53
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: cliveyboy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:14 am

When I last fitted my Donuts, instead of using a screwdriver I just made up a "podger".
A piece of round bar same diameter as the bolts with a long taper going to a point at one end.
Excellent item for aligning holes.
For that last bolt I push the taper end into the bolt hole then push it
through with the bolt. By levering on the podger end that has come out the other end you can keep the donut aligned so the bolt slides through.
Using that and the jubilee clip method to compress the donut everything went together easily.

Clive
1972 Elan Sprint FHC
cliveyboy
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: