Car transporter

PostPost by: alaric » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:15 pm

Hi all.

I'm looking for an enclosed car trailer or car transporter lorry to bring my +2 back from the body shop. It's to travel from Spalding to Weymouth. I'd prefer to collect it myself. Does anyone know of a suitably located bunch that I could hire from, or that could deliver the car for me? The guy that I used last time is away for a couple of weeks. He used an enclosed trailer.

Sean.
alaric
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: mikealdren » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:25 am

Sean,
I'm too far away to give a recommendation but I needed a trailer last year and I found one throught a Google search on the Internet. Classic Car magazines sometimes have small ads for firms and Yellow pages may help
Good luck
Mike
mikealdren
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alaric » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:03 pm

Thanks Mike.

I took the car up to Spalding using a trailer from a company called Canford Recovery. It's a one man band and he has about 6 trailers of different sizes that he rents out on a daily basis. I highly recommend him - nice to deal with, the trailer was light weight, well maintained, and he gave me a full set of straps.

However, he doesn't have any covered trailers, and that's really what I'd prefer to use. I'll have another hunt on the web and try phoning round.

All the best.

Sean.
alaric
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

Total Online: