Doughnuts and Old Age

PostPost by: alan.barker » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:04 am

Hi Ralph,
Just visited Christchurch, taken Transalpine to Greymouth, Franz Josef, Greymouth, Westport and next Nelsom then Picton + Ferry.
This time no Napier or Art Deco but Paraparumu, Kapiti Coast, Levin and revisit Rotorua.
Family Christmas Kiwi Style.
Cheers
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: Spyder fan » Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:00 pm

alan.barker wrote:
lotusfan wrote:
alan.barker wrote:Sydney very good visit but when you want to visit more than about 10kms out of Town not easy. E.g. Blue Mountains.
n

You could always use a hire car. They do drive on the correct side of the road in Oz and I guess you are probably ambidextrous when it comes to driving! so should not be too difficult. There is also a railway that heads up in that direction.[/quote
Have you visited The Blue Mountains and how.
The only feasible way i found was take a Day Trip. Which is what we did.
With hire car you need to pick up day before because The Blue Mountains are 100kms out of Town 2 hours to go. Find a carpart to park from day before. Plus International Driving Licence.
So we took an organised day trip.
Alan

Alan,
Last time we went to the Blue mountains we made a weekend of it staying in an excellent 5 star B&B in Leura. We had car hire for a week so went on to the Hunter Valley and stayed at a cattle farm in the wine region that had very comfortable villas on the property. When we visit Oz we just go into "whatever" mode, thats to say we just chill out and go with the flow. My wife says "Its a very big country with lots of nothing in between the interesting bits". She means that it takes a while to get to places, but once you are there it's well worth it. Lovely country, we have been to every state, they all have their plus points. I see you are in NZ now, enjoy and merry Christmas!
Kindest regards

Alan Thomas
Spyder fan
Coveted Fifth Gear
Coveted Fifth Gear

PostPost by: alan.barker » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:41 pm

Hi Alan,
Merry Christmas too and all the rest of you on the Forum
Alan
Alan.b Brittany 1972 elan sprint fhc Lagoon Blue 0460E
alan.barker
Coveted Fifth Gear