Zetec to type 9 clutch question.......

PostPost by: berni29 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:49 pm

Hi There

For those who have done the Zetec to type 9 thing.......

With the 1.8 flywheel and clutch assembly from a 1.8 Mk1 Mondeo, and using the Burton power type concentric clutch, can anyone remember what spacer they used on the concentric slave? I have mine set up with a 19mm which is exactly right, but I do not think the cover plate is self adjusting, in which case I would need a smaller spacer to take into account future clutch wear. Perhaps 12mm? Unless the standard OEM cover plate is in fact self adjusting.

Anyone trodden this path already and could advise?

Many thanks

Berni
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

PostPost by: berni29 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:51 pm

Hi

I have done some experimentation with an old Zetec flywheel and clutch, and with a standard the clutch cover we are looking at about 7mm (max) movement of the clutch fingers over the life of the clutch.

So the spacer required would be 12mm for this set up.

Berni
Zetec+ 2 under const, also 130S. And another 130S for complete restoration. Previously Racing green +2s with green tints. Yellow +2 and a couple of others, all missed. Great to be back 04/11/2021 although its all starting to get a bit out of control.
berni29
Fourth Gear
Fourth Gear

Total Online: