Wiring Diagram

PostPost by: mark carnell » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:07 pm

Hi, I'm busy restoring my +2s 130/5 and have decided to re-do the wiring loom. Has anyone out there got a wiring diagram for reference (I've labelled everything but that was several years ago...getting illegible now!), either scanned in or on CAD? Also if you've got any recommendations on whether I should solder or crimp the connections? Ta.
mark carnell
New-tral

PostPost by: flyinggellyfish » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:44 pm

Hi Mark
I have replaced my +2 loom as I found that many of the cables had deteriated internally or had overheated due to poor earth return . Previous owners had re routed or reused obsolite circuits to rectify faults . If the loom looks abit poor or if you cut off a connecter and strip back insulation and find the cooper wire is black in colour I would replace with a new loom from one of the many suppliers out there .
I got mine from Christopher Neil and found that there was so many more wires there then there was on my loom due to previous reasons . It was more flexible and had proper Lucar connectors fitted . I must admit there is a couple of misfitted terminals ie spade terminal instead of round , and the wiper loom is in the wrong place , but still fits. But apart from that all is fine so far .
I have all the +2 wirring looms in my workshop manual so can email to you if you want .

Rick
1968 Elan +2 . Now going back together after 18 years , you just can not rush these things .<br>Rick
flyinggellyfish
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: mark carnell » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:46 am

Rick,

Thanks for the adivise. I've just checked out the price of a new loom and can't justify the expense - reckon I can make one for a lot less...Those drawings would be really useful, cheers.

Mark.
mark carnell
New-tral

PostPost by: simon.mitchell » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:35 pm

Mark,

Try <a href='http://www.premierwiring.co.uk/' target='_blank'>Premier Wiring</a> on 01483 236976 They supply a 'Lucas based uniloom' for ?100 for kit car / special builders but which also happens to be just the job for the Elan. A lot cheaper than an 'original' one..

Simon
simon.mitchell
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: elanman3 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:58 pm

Rick,

The loom that you bought from CN, did the wire colour codes match the wiring diagram in the manual? Rewiring is on my list of things to do and I was a little concerned that anafter market loom colour coding would not match.

Colin
elanman3
Second Gear
Second Gear

PostPost by: mike+2s130 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:53 pm

<_< good luck with the rewire.its the most fiddliest job ive ever done.the back of the dash is the most fun.dont get too angry.
mike+2s130
First Gear
First Gear

Total Online: